Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Multiplayer: reversed grid not working?

Posted (edited)

For the past couple of weeks, a couple of friends and I have been messing around on F1 2019 multiplayer, creating a championship of about 14 5-lap races lasting the evening. For some reason, though, the reversed grid option doesn't seem to work. I was hosting, enabled it midway through the session and instead of it reflecting the results of the previous race, it appeared to be a randomized grid.

Does it have to be enabled from the very first race in the championship? Or does it reflect championship positions rather than previous race results?

Or, can anyone confirm that it does work correctly for them? Just so I know that it's a mistake I'm making somewhere. I'd really like to get this working for this evening.

Thanks.

Edited by s00zster

If I'm correct, a change in the settings will be 'activated' after finishing the current round. So, you should see the reversed grid when you go to the next round of the season.

• Thanks 1

So yesterday we tried this and... it doesn't work. Had it enabled for the first race, finished that, started the second race assuming it would apply a reversed grid from the first race's results and it was just a random grid. Oddly enough it repeated the order for race 3 and 4. I'm going to sadly assume that it's broken. Huge shame.

Hey, how do you enable reverse grid, tried to do it for our online championship but couldnt find the setting for it anywhere, all we had was some shot, short or long qualifying options available?

2 hours ago, jarmin0123 said:

Hey, how do you enable reverse grid, tried to do it for our online championship but couldnt find the setting for it anywhere, all we had was some shot, short or long qualifying options available?

From what I remember, you set qualifying to 'none' and grid type to "reversed". But it just doesn't seem to work.

• Thanks 1

I find it amazing that the league mode got used so little that nobody noticed this until now. 

I personally think, from my experience, if you put the grid on reversed it will always go after the actual order of the teams in reallife and doesn't have to do with the previous race result or championship standings at all.

So basically, if you put the grid on reversed, the player in the Williams be at the front, Mercedes and Ferrari drivers will be at the back, that's how it works

In addition, when setting a custom grid, the game sometimes doesn't make the grid you set up. Really annoying when restarting league races due to netcode and broken lobbies (which is a whole other behemoth of an issue I hope is fixed for 2020)

On 5/31/2020 at 1:37 PM, Falstojudilofa said:

I can not find that option. When I set qualifying to 'none', there is no option to select grid order.

Neithrr can I on xbox