Sign in to follow this  

Will F1 2020 Support the Podium Advanced Paddle Module?

I'm thinking about buying them but not sure if it will work because as far as I know in F1 2019 it doesn't.

I wish it would as the F1 game is Partnered with Fanatec and the extra Paddles would be awesome to use for the new Overtakebutton and DRS

6 hours ago, TheFBLP said:

I'm thinking about buying them but not sure if it will work because as far as I know in F1 2019 it doesn't.

I wish it would as the F1 game is Partnered with Fanatec and the extra Paddles would be awesome to use for the new Overtakebutton and DRS

You are free to map your controls however you want, but are you suggesting an overtake paddle? That's how it sounds and to me it sounds wrong!

• Disagree 1

The paddles work but as far as I'm aware the clutch bite point system doesn't work properly, not on PS4 anyway.

If someone knows otherwise please tell me how 😅

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

You are free to map your controls however you want, but are you suggesting an overtake paddle? That's how it sounds and to me it sounds wrong!

You know that the that are 6 paddles then 2 of them are Clutch paddles 2 of them are used for shifting so why shouldn't I use them for DRS and the Overtake Button? The other 2 the ones above the Shift paddles aren't useable in F1 2019. Which is a shame because Fanatec praises them as f1 style paddles. The clutch paddles don't work btw.

Edited by TheFBLP

32 minutes ago, TheFBLP said:

You know that the that are 6 paddles then 2 of them are Clutch paddles 2 of them are used for shifting so why shouldn't I use them for DRS and the Overtake Button? The other 2 the ones above the Shift paddles aren't useable in F1 2019. Which is a shame because Fanatec praises them as f1 style paddles. The clutch paddles don't work btw.

It's a free country.

1 hour ago, TheFBLP said:

The other 2 the ones above the Shift paddles aren't useable in F1 2019.

The two extra paddles do work. I'll map the top left trigger to DRS if I ever join Ferrari as that's how they have it in game, and was thinking the same about mapping the other as an overtake button 🙂

Posted (edited)

Additionally, the clutch bite point mode works as intended on PC. There's a video of someone showing how to set it up and use it properly.

I hope compatibility is developed for consoles this year 🙂

Edited by mattb97

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, mattb97 said:

Additionally, the clutch bite point mode works as intended on PC. There's a video of someone showing how to set it up and use it properly.

I hope compatibility is developed for consoles this year 🙂

Would you happen to have the link for that video? I just ordered a set of these paddles and would love to get the clutch working for starts 😀

Edit: I just found the video, can't wait to get these puppies in the mail soon 😄

Edited by Texus

Can you share that link here? I just installed my Fanatec APM 🙂 

Posted (edited)

@PJTierney That's the video I found 🙂

As I say, I can't confirm this works perfectly as I'm on PS4 and this is being used on PC, but best of luck!

Edited by mattb97
  • Like 1

Thanks 🙂 

I'm configuring it on DiRT Rally 2.0 at the moment, and the way that Xbox recognises the analogue paddles is that...

• Mode A is 2 clutch pedals (no bite point feature in-game)
  • Mode B is 1 clutch pedal (left) and 1 dead paddle (right)
  • Mode C is 1 brake pedal and 1 throttle pedal
  • Mode D isn't recognised by the console

I don't have a need for an analogue clutch in DiRT Rally 2.0, so I'm using one of the top paddles for that instead, and have assigned my handbrake to the clutch "pedal".

That way in Mode A I have a handbrake paddle on either side of the rim.

Is there any point in getting this upgrade if on xbox? Don't expect to see it working on F1 2020 (can't even have lsb/rsb on logitech currently) and wouldn't really need it for any other game. 

Hi does anyone know if F1 2020 supports the Podium Advanced Paddle Module in Playstation 4?

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, HamishOK said:

Hi does anyone know if F1 2020 supports the Podium Advanced Paddle Module in Playstation 4?

Thanks in advance

Opps - I have posted this on the wrong form - should have beeb F1 2020