Silverstone Short Lap (vid)

Nice driving......Silverstone circuit looks great. Now for my noob question of the day.......what do the little green and yellow circle icon thingies on the track map mean/indicate?  In fact is there possibly more gameplay advice/tips within the game that I haven't managed to find?

6 hours ago, Scrogs said:

Nice driving......Silverstone circuit looks great. Now for my noob question of the day.......what do the little green and yellow circle icon thingies on the track map mean/indicate?  In fact is there possibly more gameplay advice/tips within the game that I haven't managed to find?

So when you see a yellow circle on the track map, it indicates the location of a speed trap. If you take part in a practice session, you will be told your top speed and your rank compared to other cars top speed in the same practice session. I think it only applies to practice sessions.

When you see a green circle on the track map, it indicates the location of DRS activation zones. Meaning if you are within a second of the car in front of you while entering the zone, you will have DRS in the upcoming DRS zone straight. 

As you can see in the video, the speed trap (yellow circle) is at the end of the long straight and the DRS activation zones (green circle) are a few seconds before the actual DRS zones.

Hope that helps. ✌

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mike5500 said:

So when you see a yellow circle on the track map, it indicates the location of a speed trap. If you take part in a practice session, you will be told your top speed and your rank compared to other cars top speed in the same practice session. I think it only applies to practice sessions.

When you see a green circle on the track map, it indicates the location of DRS activation zones. Meaning if you are within a second of the car in front of you while entering the zone, you will have DRS in the upcoming DRS zone straight. 

As you can see in the video, the speed trap (yellow circle) is at the end of the long straight and the DRS activation zones (green circle) are a few seconds before the actual DRS zones.

Hope that helps. ✌

It does help.....thank you for explaining that. 

• Agree 1