Sign in to follow this  

I am not a rookie anymore

I think the game should start to be able to track your records from game to game. I am on board since 2010 and before that I had a GP4 career from 2002 until 2010. 

so I would like to at least tell the game that I am a veteran driver who won the championship 4 times in my career. Think about it. There are scenarios in that who can spice up the F1 game. For example I am an old champion who is struggling to get a new contract in a top team so I try to make a smaller team better. 

also I want to be able to keep my number 6 and not having to give it to another driver when I start a new year with the new F1 game. I do 100% races and my season is usually during line in real life because I do practice and qualifying and race on the same day as it’s in real life.

so this year latifi is getting number 6 and I have to think about using 66 again. This is unacceptable as a 4 times world champion 😉

any chance of getting such a feature in next game?

• Like 1

I think not 😄 . You are also talking about the driver numbers, and that's usually signed to a certain driver. They can't switch that in the beginning i think.

Yeah but that’s my point. We should be able to claim our number when we go with the scenario that we are not a rookie. Then the real driver who has the same number will get a random number. I understand that this would be a bit weird with Hamilton because his 44 is part of his “brand” but I don’t like that a new driver like Latifi is getting my number. 

but yeah. The feature is probably not as important that there will be time of the devs waisted on it. 

What you're asking for is doable on a personal profile basis that will require data to be stored externally to the game, and that means more unnecessary work for an annual game. The game mirrors what actually happens in the real world, where individual skill is retained at the person level and each driver is required to port that skill into the new season.  I don't think Codemasters cares much about your game-to-game career stats as much as they care about individual skill that's already tracked in-game annually. 

While I personally don't see an issue here, I believe that Codemasters could easily add some value to this game for players that do have an issue with this. The solution would be to add options at the start of a career that allow the players to manually edit/choose details like those driver numbers. Options are great. 😉

• Agree 1

On 5/31/2020 at 12:07 PM, EyTschej said:

While I personally don't see an issue here, I believe that Codemasters could easily add some value to this game for players that do have an issue with this. The solution would be to add options at the start of a career that allow the players to manually edit/choose details like those driver numbers. Options are great. 😉

Numbers are impossible cuz it's part of licensing, it's the same thing like with damage, we don't get numbers like you say cause it's part that is fixed to certain driver and I can't be changed

• Agree 1