Things are looking up.

After serious thought on the characteristics of the 2020 cars I have 3 new setups and I have set 4 new PB times in the last 3 days so the 2020 engine does work. 😀

Anyone else improving times? 

Posted (edited)

The 2020 car seems to be less tail happy so I'm using absolutely no assist on custom and managed to get my lap time down to 2s of my old 2019 PB at Brazil.  Using any stability assist seems to add a lot of understeer to the car.

Edited by mobileracingfan

Absolutely. Once you get a hold of your braking and handling and classify setups, it is helpful. 

I’ve found that sometimes the car goes slower after upgrading a part. I wish there was a way to downgrade again.

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2020 at 4:16 AM, IvorQ said:

After serious thought on the characteristics of the 2020 cars I have 3 new setups and I have set 4 new PB times in the last 3 days so the 2020 engine does work. 😀

Anyone else improving times? 

I suppose you've set the new PB compared to previous PB on 2020 cars, not on 2019 cars. It's impossible to beat the 2019 times as long as it's generally admitted that all the 2020 times are down by 3-5 secs. Now you need brakes, the track limits are very strict and the cars are understeering a looot. With steering sensitivity +10 and without assists the car is cornering like a bus! Lowering the steering sensitivity, with or without assists, the car is cornering like a boat! 😅😅😂😂😂

Awesome cars!!! Good job like always, Codemasters! 🤗😍

Edited by RMarco13

On 5/31/2020 at 9:36 PM, RMarco13 said:

I suppose you've set the new PB compared to previous PB on 2020 cars, not on 2019 cars. It's impossible to beat the 2019 times as long as it's generally admitted that all the 2020 times are down by 3-5 secs. Now you need brakes, the track limits are very strict and the cars are understeering a looot. With steering sensitivity +10 and without assists the car is cornering like a bus! Lowering the steering sensitivity, with or without assists, the car is cornering like a boat! 😅😅😂😂😂

Awesome cars!!! Good job like always, Codemasters! 🤗😍

Sarcasm alert! 😛 😛 😛