Jump to content Jump to content

XBOX ONE THUMBSTICK BIAS

INDIGO147

Hello there. I have just purchased an xbox one x console, and I've noticed that on F1 2017 & F1 2018 the thumbstick used for the steering reacts immediately when pushed to the right, but it takes a few percent of movement before moving the stick to the left registers as a steering input. Does anyone know what can be done to correct this? I didn't have this problem on the ps4. Thank you.

4 hours ago, INDIGO147 said:

Hello there. I have just purchased an xbox one x console, and I've noticed that on F1 2017 & F1 2018 the thumbstick used for the steering reacts immediately when pushed to the right, but it takes a few percent of movement before moving the stick to the left registers as a steering input. Does anyone know what can be done to correct this? I didn't have this problem on the ps4. Thank you.

Controllers are the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and thank you for your reply. I have tested my controller on Dirt 2.0 and there are no problems. The steering on that game is far more sensitive than on the F1 games, and there are more options when it comes to adjusting it to optimize controller performance. Codemasters take note!

10 hours ago, INDIGO147 said:

Hello and thank you for your reply. I have tested my controller on Dirt 2.0 and there are no problems. The steering on that game is far more sensitive than on the F1 games, and there are more options when it comes to adjusting it to optimize controller performance. Codemasters take note!

Do you know I flagged another issue with the game that another user had with F1 that did not work as well as in DR2 (IIRC). Seems they have competing dev teams in CM, the response was "F1 can look after that issue themselves" (paraphrased). 

Bodes well for the SMS acquisition, doesn't it?

Hello INDIGO147. Have you downloaded and used the controller test app in the Xbox store. It's free to download and it's great for testing if the buttons work but maybe more importantly, if and how accurately the triggers/shoulder bumpers and thumbsticks work. It gives a percentage readout of how much movement the stick/bumpers/trigger you are inputting. (And if the thumbsticks are 'centred' at their rest position).

Archived