Sign in to follow this  

70th anniversary event score?

Posted (edited)

How did the top guys manage to score 220,000+ points total when there are only 2 live events so far? 60,000 max points possible x 2 = 120,000 plus some small bonus here and there.  Still a far cry from ~220,000.

Edited by mobileracingfan

Gold tier drivers of 1st event already above 100k. Max point 60k is for claiming max rewards. 

How did they make it to gold?  I made it to pole and then 1st in the two races but still ended up in bronze 2.

Posted (edited)

I think it depends on where you are when you first start, if you’re at 9999 like most of the top players you start at gold, players like us we start at bronze.

Mind you on my second event I started at silver but didn’t see much difference in the number of points I scored.

Edited by PB111

2 hours ago, PB111 said:

I think it depends on where you are when you first start, if you’re at 9999 like most of the top players you start at gold, players like us we start at bronze.

Elite league and the event are completely separate.

Timings are also important for points. It’s only 5k points for 1st place. Qualifying, 1st and final race total only 15k points. 
without seeing the actual timings, we won’t know whether any exploitation was committed. 
remember the missing sector timings for 2019 events?

Guys, there are fixed points for grid position. 5000 points for P1 in Quali, Race Start and Race End.

The entire game is to ensure we clock the fastest time. That adds a huuuuuuge amount of points.

So, I thought to improve my PB for Silverstone and despite improving my timing, I get a grid position of somewhere between P10 and P15. I got P1 with my previous timing, but P10-P15 with improved timings.

My conclusion: The sooner you enter the event and finish it, your starting grid position will be higher. As more and more better players (Gold Tier) enter the event, even your improved Quali timings won't be enough to land you a starting grid position better than maybe P7-P10.

2 hours ago, StoicSouthpaw said:

My conclusion: The sooner you enter the event and finish it, your starting grid position will be higher. As more and more better players (Gold Tier) enter the event, even your improved Quali timings won't be enough to land you a starting grid position better than maybe P7-P10.

I agree.  I just entered the Melbourne Elite event and got the full 60,000 points and change on first try.