F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

FIFA/PES thread

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
I was loving it until the game crashed.... I thought I'd get past these things buying it for a console lol.....
oh dear :( unfortunately I don't think any game company have made a game that doesn't do that from time to time though. I've had both Fifa 14 and Forza crash on me at least twice on my XB1 they still work fine though.
I take it Fifa didn't come today? 99% of the time when I pre order a game from Shopto it comes a day early o:)

Mine didn't no but I've busied myself finishing my Fifa 13 career anyway.  I've been completing my career as I've still got 3/4 season's still to go. Won't finish them before the new one comes but would be good to have them so I can get going when I'm done with my 13 career on PC. Plus I can get the pre-order codes entered and the game installed and ready to go I'll probably be starting on my XB1 career before my PC one anyway as I was thinking of alternating between 14 & 15 given I'm still early on in my 14 career given I've only played 1 season so far on that one whereas because I'm near the end on PC it makes sense to wait till I'm done.

Had a dodgy 2-2 draw with Swansea on the opening day.... 

But I've realised that I made my manager a black guy so I might start again as its one of those things once you notice it annoys you :L 

The presentation is quality tho 
Isn't that exactly how LVG started sounds like you're in trouble already :p

Keep forgetting that Fifa uses Kinect so can hear when I swear at the ref. I've now had two warnings from the club lol :# 

Hughesy said:
Keep forgetting that Fifa uses Kinect so can hear when I swear at the ref. I've now had two warnings from the club lol :# 

I've had that on Fifa 14 too  quite cool it has things like that.Got a warning from Spurs too for it.

Can'r wait to start on mine but I should receive it tomorrow I hope it doesn't do what Autosport did and arrive a day late but it shouldn't as with Autosport the dispatch note wasn't sent until the Thursday at least this time I received my mail on the Wednesday in both PC and XB1 cases so based on that I'd say things aer on track rather than late at the moment. Wouldn't of complained if it had arrived early though.

got my copies of Fifa 15 today busy installing the XB1 copy now and about to start my PC one too.

White Hart Lane here I come

Hughesy said:
Enjoy it bud :) I'm loving it so far.
the DLC codes are being a bit stubborn but so far aside from that it's going to plan. Noticed you uploaded a couple of goals you scored too nicely done.

Hughesy said:
the DLC codes are being a bit stubborn but so far aside from that it's going to plan. Noticed you uploaded a couple of goals you scored too nicely done.
My codes worked fine, make sure you use uppercase when you type them into Xbox Live. I've scored some pretty good goals, considering its with Yeovil and on world class  o:)

I got mine today too . Really enjoying it so far. Set up a career mode with Real Madrid and signed Marquinhos (If that's how you spell it ) and Ibarbo. Love having an £80 m transfer budget.  :p

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
My codes worked fine, make sure you use uppercase when you type them into Xbox Live. I've scored some pretty good goals, considering its with Yeovil and on world class  o:)

Yeah mine worked OK too they just took a couple of attempts is all May have been the fact I had both my PC and the XB1 on the go and was taking it's toll on the server or something given I was working obn both systems at the same time installing the game and DLC.

Started my career modewith Spurs and signed 2 strikers Cisse from Newcastle and Roque Santa Cruz  the former Blackburn player I believe. I've worked with Cisse before on Fifa  when I was in the German league in a previous Fifa and did quite a lot of damage for me there I hope he can do so this time. He managed to get one of our opponents booked in our first friendly but couldn't manage a goal,Only managed a 1-1 draw against Hannover in that game but hopefully my luck improves Eriksen got our goal. Adebayor had a couple of chances but couldn't finish must have been to slippery given it was a wet pitch with it raining hard.

I got mine today too . Really enjoying it so far. Set up a career mode with Real Madrid and signed Marquinhos (If that's how you spell it ) and Ibarbo. Love having an £80 m transfer budget.  :p
yeah it's nice having a big budgetto work with unfortunately my budget was only 23mil but hopefully that'll get better as I do better

I'm starting to have a problem with Fifa now. These so called "next gen" keepers are dumb/shit as hell. Half the time they don't even bother to dive and just watch the ball go in, this is happening on world class.... Yes they've made the animations better, but they've also made them rubbish. Anyone on X1 can see a video I made when playing the demo a few days ago. I was hoping it was just a bug, but the keepers are just as crap now. :(

Started my career modewith Spurs and signed 2 strikers- Roque Santa Cruz  the  former Blackburn player I believe. 

Well. I can only tell you that was a waste of money, if FIFA is vaguely accurate, he's s***e!

Hughesy said:
I'm starting to have a problem with Fifa now. These so called "next gen" keepers are dumb/shit as hell. Half the time they don't even bother to dive and just watch the ball go in, this is happening on world class.... Yes they've made the animations better, but they've also made them rubbish. Anyone on X1 can see a video I made when playing the demo a few days ago. I was hoping it was just a bug, but the keepers are just as crap now. :(
Only played 2 matches so far, and the 'keepers seem to parry everything.

Started my career modewith Spurs and signed 2 strikers- Roque Santa Cruz  the  former Blackburn player I believe. 

Well. I can only tell you that was a waste of money, if FIFA is vaguely accurate, he's s***e!
well Santa Cruz actually scored 2 goals on his debut for me so the main disappointment in my squad atm is Adebayor who in real life is probably our most reliable one right now. Also brought Van Der Vaart back to White Hart Lane as well. I've only drawn my first 2 league games but with the changes I've made I'm hope they work as I made Van Der Vaart my captain
Lukedfrt said:
Hughesy said:
Yeah they do they've made life pretty tricky for me anyway

Is it just me or is it incredibly easy to score from headers ?

well Santa Cruz actually scored 2 goals on his debut for me so the main disappointment in my squad atm is Adebayor who in real life is probably our most reliable one right now. Also brought Van Der Vaart back to White Hart Lane as well. I've only drawn my first 2 league games but with the changes I've made I'm hope they work as I made Van Der Vaart my captain
Lukedfrt said:
Hughesy said:

You should try and get younger players instead of old ones if your planning on keeping your career mode going for a lot of seasons.

PS : Ronaldo wanted to leave  and the board sold him for £59 mil to City.  :(

Seems great to me! I played my cousin first of all on two player, the Madrid derby ended 4-6 to him, whilst he also won our second.

In the third, it was the Manchester derby at Old Trafford, he took the lead before I levelled with a typical Toure goal. I won 3-1, despite having Toure sent off after half an hour for two yellows.

Career mode, I've got my squad gelled nicely. First pre season match, I have so many shots but none go on target - then in the final minute Alvarez's cross hits Johnson's head and I win. Second one against Florientina sees me win 2-0 - Gomez and Jones scoring and Pantilimon making an awesome diving save.

Is it just me or is it incredibly easy to score from headers ?

Lukedfrt said:
Hughesy said:

You should try and get younger players instead of old ones if your planning on keeping your career mode going for a lot of seasons.

PS : Ronaldo wanted to leave  and the board sold him for £59 mil to City.  :(

I tend to move from one club to another in career modes anyway I don't tend to do more than 2/3 seasons at one club as I like to play in all the different leagues.

Edit forgot to mention this earlier but our younger player's aren't exactly brilliant anyway. I'm not against having youth players as I do and have used hem before in fact I have a talented young striker in my Arsenal squad in my Fifa 13 career who I also had with me in Spain in La Liga where I discovered him but I only use them when I've felt they can do a job for me unfortunately in that first transfer window there weren't any useful ones that were within my price range. It was the guy I bought that only cost 3.5 mil and got 20+ goals he's worth over 10mil now

Falcao's heading is OP 

Literally every game I've played has had 5 minutes added time
Are you sure it's just Falcao ?  I've just scored 4 headrers in 1 match.  :\

Adebayor finally got off the mark for me against Preston in the Capital one cup definitely needs to do better than he has done though otherwise I'll be looking to sell him in the next window.