Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

FIFA/PES thread

Recommended Posts

Looks like the demo was released and then got pulled. There's some serious issues with Origin, I take back what I said about improvements, they still have crappy servers lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
Looks like the demo was released and then got pulled. There's some serious issues with Origin, I take back what I said about improvements, they still have crappy servers lol.


yeah I couldn't find it on Origin the full game is there but the demo isn't I've found the demo on XB1 though so downloading that one for now. I' d have preffered to get the PC one seeing as that's the version I'm getting but just getting to play the demo will be fine by me I'm not too bothered by which system atm.


Edit: Got it downloading on both systems now so I'll try it out on both

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Still not showing up, but if you go here and click on the demo, it will change page and you have to click on it again. It will then say switch to Origin, it will then show up in uninstalled games, so then you just click on it to download. No idea why it's not showing up in Origin itself, but I thought I'd share so you know :)  But download speeds are messed  up,  should be 70mbps but it's only downloading at 30mbps.
https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/free-games/demos-betas

Playing now,  my God the default camera angle is awful, luckily they include one called Fifa 16. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
Still not showing up, but if you go here and click on the demo, it will change page and you have to click on it again. It will then say switch to Origin, it will then show up in uninstalled games, so then you just click on it to download. No idea why it's not showing up in Origin itself, but I thought I'd share so you know :)  But download speeds are messed  up,  should be 70mbps but it's only downloading at 30mbps.
https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/free-games/demos-betas

Playing now,  my God the default camera angle is awful, luckily they include one called Fifa 16. 
yeah that's how I found it in the end on PC got to admit been playing it on the XB1 and it looks good I like what I've seen so far. I like the way the net moves when you score a goal this year looks far more realistic. I've only managed to score a couple so far but it's been good fun. They've certainly got the Frostbite engine working well in this game not played the journey thing yet only a couple of friendlies but I'm liking what I'm seeing. Going to boot up the PC version now and play a friendly or 2 on that then look at the journey thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yea the game looks amazing, it's not even taxing on the system. At 1440p ultra settings it's only using 30% of my 980, and only 2.4GB of Vram, so I can easily upscale to 4K if I wanted to. So it's no more taxing than 16 yet looks so much better, Frostbite is one of the best engines though. We want all their games to use it as it's cost effective, it's very versatile so it's actually worked out great for the games. 

Game play wise I'm very impressed, I still feel even when game speed is set to slow it feels too fast, but that's my personal preference. The small tweaks make a big difference, set plays are better and the whole thing feels really slick. Not sure if I'll play story mode much though, I always play with lower league teams so I get real progression, so limiting it to Premier League teams only Sucks for me.  Roll on release day, really looking forward to the full game after playing the demo :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
Yea the game looks amazing, it's not even taxing on the system. At 1440p ultra settings it's only using 30% of my 980, and only 2.4GB of Vram, so I can easily upscale to 4K if I wanted to. So it's no more taxing than 16 yet looks so much better, Frostbite is one of the best engines though. We want all their games to use it as it's cost effective, it's very versatile so it's actually worked out great for the games. 

Game play wise I'm very impressed, I still feel even when game speed is set to slow it feels too fast, but that's my personal preference. The small tweaks make a big difference, set plays are better and the whole thing feels really slick. Not sure if I'll play story mode much though, I always play with lower league teams so I get real progression, so limiting it to Premier League teams only Sucks for me.  Roll on release day, really looking forward to the full game after playing the demo :)

yeah I think EA are looking to move all their games over to Frostbite given all their next sports games are going to use it as is Mass Effect Andromeda which comes out next year and that too is certainly turning out well it looks like. I was a little worried after DAI because although locations look awesome in DAI faces looked a bit cartoony to me but that might just be the style Bioware chose for the game. I had little go at the Journey thing and that was fun. Didn't quite achieve the objectives set so I might have another go. I'm finding 17 slightly harder than 16 so I might drop the difficulty down till I get used to it but I am finding it fun so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
And if you have EA Access you can play the full game for 10 hours up until release. If I bought it from Origin I would have bought Access for a month. But I didn't because it was £10 cheaper from GMG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
And if you have EA Access you can play the full game for 10 hours up until release. If I bought it from Origin I would have bought Access for a month. But I didn't because it was £10 cheaper from GMG.

yeah I don't have access can't afford it for one plus I don't mind waiting a few extra days anyway as I've got plenty to keep me occupied besides if I wanted to play it I've still got the demo. Besides I have career modes on a couple of the older Fifa's that I'd like to continue playing as well. I am looking forward to  it though and seeing what White Hart Lane looks like on the Frostbite engine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Got to say loving Fifa 17 so far played a couple of friendlies and White Hart Lane looks awesome on Frostbite. Currently playing a womens tournament as England and that's looking great as well. Once I'm finished the tournament tomorrow  I plan on starting my career mode and my Alex Hunter journey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It's so slick, it also looks amazing. Gone are the over saturated colours, it looks real, I'm playing at 4k and it's mind blowing. Even using Yeovil the game just feels brilliant, everything has been improved including the player training. I have to buy a second copy soon, birthday present for my brother.  There's no way PES can even get close, mind you on PC PES is using the last gen graphics engine  :joy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
It's so slick, it also looks amazing. Gone are the over saturated colours, it looks real, I'm playing at 4k and it's mind blowing. Even using Yeovil the game just feels brilliant, everything has been improved including the player training. I have to buy a second copy soon, birthday present for my brother.  There's no way PES can even get close, mind you on PC PES is using the last gen graphics engine  :joy:

Indeed I can't see PES getting anywhere near it either. The only thing going for PES right now is the UEFA licensing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gonna pick it up from work later, judging from the demo it's a big improvement from last year so looking forward to it!

But i wouldn't discount Pro Evo aha.. it's killing it on reviews.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/pro-evolution-soccer-2017 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not on PC it's not, they are using the 360/ps3 version, yet are using pictures on Steam from next gen. I've played it, it's like playing Fifa from 7 years ago, it's no surprise because it's Konami and all they care about are slot machines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
Not on PC it's not, they are using the 360/ps3 version, yet are using pictures on Steam from next gen. I've played it, it's like playing Fifa from 7 years ago, it's no surprise because it's Konami and all they care about are slot machines.


Agreed Fifa's gonna clean up on PC. Even the hair physics is looking better than on Fifa 16 on the womens teams. I'm really enjoying it so far. Looking forward to starting my career mode later but need to finish my ladies tournament first. Gotto the semi's just need to do the semi's and final assuming I win of course. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just scored a cracker of a free kick with Karen Carney very Beckham esque. A little like what Bale got in the Euro's with his free kicks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Have to say the journey story is really interesting not been sent out on loan yet but I've been called up a few times and got a couple of goals with my Alex. I think Pocchettino likes me based on the approval ratings I'm getting atm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Look at this great team goal, this is with Yeovil on world class https://twitter.com/TheRealHughesy/status/782635644447232000?s=09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Have to admit the Journey mode is very well done. Kind of reminds me of the old Sky Dream team series in places. Except this being a more interactive one I'm thoroughly enjoying it right now more than I thought I would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Looking good on the Fifa 18 front looks like this year's going to be rather interesting in The Journey Season 2 just found out that Alex has a sister who's playing football in the US. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbj8UpDAag&t=604s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×