Sign in to follow this  

FIFA/PES thread

Nice one :)

Apparently, on the online one you get 30,000 coins  for winning :o

AMS97KRR said:
I just had the best run in FUT WC yet. 

I figured that every time I lost in the knock outs that the person who beat me was always leaving his defenders back and hitting me on the counter, in other words, parking the bus. So I decided next time, I'd do the same thing. (Through my rage I didn't think about what tactics they were using, I was just mad bro).

Well I won my group, scoring about 11 goals in total over the 3 games. Got to the knock outs, won again convincingly. In the Quarter-finals I won again. I was almost surprised I hadn't gotten knocked out, but Remy and Mandzukic were just to good. Then I won my Semi-Final and got the final.

In the final I came up against an 86 rated, 100 chem team (Mine is 82 rated, 100 chem) and he had +10 attribute cards on every player (A couple of them only had +6). He went 2-0 up, then after half time I pulled it back to 2-2, it went to extra time and with 5 minutes to go, he scored a header with Robben of all people. Couldn't believe it. I did save 2 penalties in that game to keep myself in it. Was a very even game, both had about 11 shots on target, 49/51% possession.

I've now learnt that as long as you have pace, parking the bus on the FUT WC is the best way to win. I'm pretty sure that EA have no idea how to match make though, I should not have had to play him, an 81-83 rated team would have made for a better match up. He did get lucky though, it should have gone to penalties, which I'm confident I could have won. 

Whether it was a one off or not, I'll have to see. Funnily enough that was my 13th tournament, doomed from the start.
I've finally won it.  :D Beat Belgium on penalties , Bosnia 2-1 , Spain 3-0 and Argentina 3-1 in the final.  :D
nicely done

To be fair @fIsince08‌, you did lose to me, so maybe the problem lies with you and not the game?
I was winning the second match until my phone rang.

Right, I get us to the League Cup final and my reputation is decreased because I got beat in the second leg. Nice one FIFA.

Well that was something I didn't know could happen!

My goalkeeper went to catch the ball, slid out the box and got done for handball.

fIsince08 said:
Well that was something I didn't know could happen!

My goalkeeper went to catch the ball, slid out the box and got done for handball.
had akeeper sent off once in a game recently myself which I found strange but it doesn't happen very often mind you

fIsince08 said:
The referees on FIFA 12 are the most bias buttheads I've ever seen. Larsson goes in with a, I'll be honest, rather firm tackle but got the ball first. Ref blows for a free kick, books Larsson and Van Persie of course scores against my goalkeeper.

Then of course, my keeper seemingly has jelly on his gloves (and his legs) whilst their keeper saves every damn shot of mine bar one and their defence blocks every shot. Despite me playing 5-3-2 they can walk through my defence as if they are statues.

I don't know how I haven't broken a controller after a 6-1 defeat.
some refs can be real idiots in real life too so at least they got that right :p

Lukedfrt said:

The amount of fun i used to have playing clubs on Fifa was insane. 

Indeed just switched clubs on Fifa myself left Toulouse in France for Sporting Gijon in Spain. Not the best move probably but was looking to get out of France as I wanted a change of scenery as I had spent quite a few seasons there. I wanted to win some trophies in a different country

Beat this I was playing Fifa online needing a win to move on in seasons it was the 90' and I was on an attack. My actual foot was on the ground the back of my foot bent and mu foot stuck to the ground. I broke the toe. And I didn't even score. This game makes me stress out way to much lol.

Just been relegated from La Liga in my Fifa career first time I think it's ever happened to me not sure yet what'll happen for me next season.

Just secured CL qualification with Ajaccio on PES 2012 wqill bw interesting to see how we get on considering we have quite a small budget. I do have 1 or 2 ideas to try to help improve things though.

that felt surprisingly good just beat Arsenal in the FA Cup final on Pes 2014 just 2 games to go left this season  my final league match and the CL final against Chelsea

Edit just completed my second clean sweep of trophies in 2 successive seasons on PES 2014 time for a new challenge and manage somebody else in that career mode and see if I can win with them.