Jump to content Jump to content

Updates after game released

DANDREWTHOMSON

Answers you are likely to get from Codemasters:

a) No
b) License wont allow it
c) Sorry we are focused on F1 2016 already
d) Sorry the patches will only focus on other updates.

Would be surprised if they said yes.
Slane said:
Codies haven't got a very good track record with patches,  remember 2014?
Yeah but in their defense I don't think they wanted to release 2014 then but had to because of contractual obligations. Their backs were against the wall. I think they wanted to use the time to perfect 2015 given it's earlier release window. Besides They do usually do patches they just didn't have the resources to work on patches for 14 while trying to make sure 2015 remains on track especially with all the behind the scenes stuff that has gone on at the company as well I think.
@sjsharp2010  i would have to disagree with you...

F1 2010 had  some patches made the game worse, then they gave up. Game

Abandoned

F1 2011 had a few patches, made the game worse. Then they gave up. Game

Abandoned

F1 2012: The best customers service yet..  the patches rolled in quick but made the game worse... eventually game was
abandoned.

F1 2013:
Abandoned, no patches at all

F1 2014 
Abandoned, no patches at all

F1 2015 prediction: patches will roll in quick... at first. Something will go wrong that will make then eventually abandon the game. The first leaked pictures already said they are already focused on 16.

Slane said:
Yeah but in their defense I don't think they wanted to release 2014 then but had to because of contractual obligations. Their backs were against the wall. I think they wanted to use the time to perfect 2015 given it's earlier release window. Besides They do usually do patches they just didn't have the resources to work on patches for 14 while trying to make sure 2015 remains on track especially with all the behind the scenes stuff that has gone on at the company as well I think.
Like fixing the assists would take weeks. I can program myself and I can assure you it would be fixed within three days (especially when there's more people working on it).

F1 2015 looks the same as always.
Slane said:
Like fixing the assists would take weeks. I can program myself and I can assure you it would be fixed within three days (especially when there's more people working on it).

I was just saying that in my opinion I think 2014 was an exception rather than the rule as all the previous games did receive patches ewhether they worked or not and did what people want is another matter. The exception being they're more focused on 2015 and putting their first next gen effort together.
Slane said:

I was just saying that in my opinion I think 2014 was an exception rather than the rule as all the previous games did receive patches ewhether they worked or not and did what people want is another matter. The exception being they're more focused on 2015 and putting their first next gen effort together.

absolutely not.2014 was a game release with a full game price just like every other game is and was.I paid the same amount for 2014 as I did with 2012 and 2013.It was a halfass game because they chose to made it halfass.
kevinkirk said:
Slane said:

absolutely not.2014 was a game release with a full game price just like every other game is and was.I paid the same amount for 2014 as I did with 2012 and 2013.It was a halfass game because they chose to made it halfass.

only to meet their contractual obligastions nothing more yes it was rushed but only because they had no choice otherwise the FIA could have claimed a breach in their contract.

Archived