Sign in to follow this  

Cheats cheats and more cheats

I don't mean to complain, but I've had enough - or rather, the enjoyment of the game for both myself, and many others, is being reduced to playing the Qualification Mode only. Every time I race in either Sprint or Grid Start mode I have been pushed off track, then had my safety rating downgraded and lost points. EVERY TIME. I just don't race, except in Qualy mode.  I was hoping the upgrade was going to sort this out.

This tick-box system afterwards does nothing to discourage the cheating, as there are no tangible punishments for the culprits. Maybe they're being penalised - but how do we know? And you can bet all the money in the world the cheats are checking all those boxes at the end of a race, to cancel out or dispute any genuine claims.  

If there is an automated system, why doesn't detect cheating immediately and disqualify them?  Detect whether people are deliberately moving off their racing line towards their opponents or braking late/not braking and into the back of opponents - as happened in my last race.  

It is so disheartening to lose a race and points and safety rating, and then not know if the cheating opponent ever got penalised.  I raced Hungaroring - was shunted off the track twice, then when they went off at the last hairpin, they purposefully drove into me, as they came back on to track.  They won - I lost points and was downgraded massively.

So, I only race in Qualy mode.

Someone suggested ages ago to put in a "Which mode do you want to race in?" at the start of each race. Put it in.  It's quicker than having to reboot the game every time you're put into a Sprint or Grid Start race; which is what I now always do, and would rather do, than race those cheating little [insert swear word here].  

Maybe, award bonus points for clean races (for both racers - because sporting losers are worth their weight in gold.  Not development points, but actual points or better boxes? Something to encourage the cheaters not to cheat, rather than seemingly insignificant penalties.

I don't mind all the other updates. Except, perhaps, merely brushing the corner kerbs with a wheel and being told your cutting a corner. (In F1 the rule is all four tyres out of bounds.)  Certainly, a big thumbs up for the game's massively reduced power consumption - whoever was in charge of that deserves a pat on the back.

But sort out the cheating, or put in an option not to have go physically head to head with them.  OR don't bother with any penalties and we all ram each other? But do something, because I get bored of re-booting the app unless it's Qualy mode - but I will keep doing that rather than lose points and my ratings because of cheats.

What makes you think you were racing real opponents? Majority of races are against AI. 

ah.. is there a way to know I am racing against AI or real opponent. ?

10 hours ago, elimmel said:

What makes you think you were racing real opponents? Majority of races are against AI. 

If true, then all the easier to disqualify them; as the computer will know, immediately, that it's cheating. However, I've played this game long enough to know when I'm racing AI rather than human.

But, your point moves us away from topic which is: how do we eradicate cheating, be it human or AI? (which the backend will know)