Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Corsair K83 Wireless Entertainment Keyboard - Not Work

Just changed my wireless keyboard from the Microsoft Media keyboard to the Corsair K83 Wireless Entertainment Keyboard. No other changes.

The Corsair will not work at all in F12020. It tells me to setup a new profile for it but I can't even acknowledge the OK prompt to start this.

If I use the steering wheel to try to setup a profile the game does not accept any inputs from the K83 so I can't proceed.

I've seen one other bug report with the exact same issue with the K83.

Hopefully Codies or someone else can help.

Thanks

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rup said:

Just changed my wireless keyboard from the Microsoft Media keyboard to the Corsair K83 Wireless Entertainment Keyboard. No other changes.

The Corsair will not work at all in F12020. It tells me to setup a new profile for it but I can't even acknowledge the OK prompt to start this.

If I use the steering wheel to try to setup a profile the game does not accept any inputs from the K83 so I can't proceed.

I've seen one other bug report with the exact same issue with the K83.

Hopefully Codies or someone else can help.

Thanks

The K83 may need drivers (iCue) to work or update the keyboard firmware.

Please be aware that other users have reported issues with the iCue lighting software conflicting with games including the F1 game.

It is not a supported device - if it does not use the standard Microsoft keyboard driver then there are no guarantees.

I don't see this as a CM issue - Corsair should stop making silly keyboards, IMO.

Edited by steviejay69

I have previosusly updated the firmware and installed icue software, same issue.

It works fine in other games so there is something odd about F1. With a sim rig it's good to use a wireless keyboard with trackpad & so is a common problem for F1 players.

Ofcourse if codies put in a proper mouse driver for the pc version (like most other sims) that'd help!

11 hours ago, Rup said:

I have previosusly updated the firmware and installed icue software, same issue.

It works fine in other games so there is something odd about F1. With a sim rig it's good to use a wireless keyboard with trackpad & so is a common problem for F1 players.

Ofcourse if codies put in a proper mouse driver for the pc version (like most other sims) that'd help!

Okay. Please uninstall iCue with Geek Uninstaller and retest.

iCue has been the issue previously for others.

Thanks for Geek uninstaller suggestion steviejay69.

Tried, sadly no luck.

Will have to use wheel 4 in game control or my old & crapy ms wireless keyboard.

Shame as the K83 is otherwise great.

• Thanks 1

Have you not just got a bog standard PS2 or USB keyboard anywhere? I think it's always a good idea to have one for situations like these.

Yes, My wireless MS keyboard works fine, it's just that the K83 is much nicer.

Ok now I've bought a bluetooth dongle for my pc it works better in F1 2019. Still not perfect eg F5 & F6 turn off Bluetooth, but better.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2020 at 6:28 PM, Rup said:

Ok now I've bought a bluetooth dongle for my pc it works better in F1 2019. Still not perfect eg F5 & F6 turn off Bluetooth, but better.

Hi did you manage to sort anything with the K83 keyboard. I bought F1 2020 on Saturday and was getting frustrated as I also use the K83 wireless keyboard and couldn’t get it to work. I’ve never had any problems with this keyboard on any other sim, I also use a full rig set up and it’s so handy to use this particular keyboard with the built in mouse pad. I didn’t have iCue Installed at first so installed it and tried it but it was still the same. Bit disappointing when this exact keyboard works with Dirt Rally 2.0 which is a Codemasters game. Also a bit annoying if I have to buy another keyboard just to play F1 2020. 

On F1 2020 works fine using the wireless mode & not the bluetooth mode. Guess they listened to my complaint :)

9 hours ago, Rup said:

On F1 2020 works fine using the wireless mode & not the bluetooth mode. Guess they listened to my complaint 🙂

Ok thanks for the reply, I’ll try that later to see if it works. 👍🏻