Hello from the Netherlands

Hi guys,

My name is Rudo, I am 58 years old and live in the Netherlands. I started racing back in 1998 with a Logitech Force Feedback Wheel and Codemasters TOCA and Colin McRae Rally. After a while I switched to Microsoft Flightsimulator and much later to XPlane on Mac. In 2017 I picked up racing again with Project Cars 1 on Playstation 4. I got myself a RSeat RS1 and a Logitech G29. Pretty soon I switched to Fanatec CSW V2, Formula Black rim, V3 pedals and a SQ shifter. Because of renovations to my house I was not able to put this rig in any room so it moved to storage. Last month I sold my RSeat and bought a CSL Elite PS4 and now it al lives on my desk. I play Project Cars 2, Assetto Corsa and F1 2019. I am just beginning to learn the tracks and getting to know the cars. I have been playing Real Racing 3 for 7 years now so some tracks I know. I do not use assists which is not a problem. I like to drive in cockpit view, although I am faster in TV pod view 😉

Hello Rudo and welcome to the CM forum. It looks like you are a seasoned simmer/driver gamer whereas I'm a relative newcomer and learning how to drive in F1 2019. I've fond memories of visiting The Netherlands many years ago. The Nijmegen marches and coarse fishing in Venlo spring to mind. Oh yes......and the H******n  beer!

Nice to see there are a couple of the not so young guys taking up sim racing 🙂

For Real Racing 3 we have a nice community that shares tips and tricks and organises events and time trials. Most of the members are 40 years and up ;-) So it is not just for them youngsters...

I've got Real Racing 3. Where do I access the community tips/tricks? Is there a forum?

11 hours ago, Scrogs said:

I've got Real Racing 3. Where do I access the community tips/tricks? Is there a forum?

Myrealracing.club

there are also some Facebook groups you can join. Other groups are not public. But you could apply for membership.

• Agree 1