Codemasters secure WRC licence from 2023

Remember, the next game, DR3 probable title, is already being made, and will release before the WRC licensed games.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

In 2023 we will be buying Wales, Spain, Germany, Finland and the rest again ūü§£

Kyloton Games has been rather notorious for releasing a game and having about 1 month of support for it then dropping it and moving on.  I wonder if this will change once CM takes it over.  The Dirt team seems to listen a little better, but there are only so many resources available to support a released game when there is another to be released in another year.  

I don't play F1, just not my thing, but how does CM work it out over there?  I know its a different team/studio, though.

• Like 1

They need too fix the tarmac physics, they are garbage in the DIRT series. WRC 8 had WAY better tarmac physics. 

So, CM is now under pressure to provide all-new stages, after half of the stages last time were re-masters.

This combined with the need for 'next gen' looking graphics might mean we don't get a whole lot of mileage when DR3.0 launches. And you can be guaranteed that it will be pay-per-stage for probably half of the total new stages, like before.

Codies could help themselves here - if they go for a photographic look for DR3.0, ie use photographic textures, they could get away with not having to add too much more in terms of trackside detail, ie no need to go overboard with more trees etc. Just improve the look of things towards photo-realism.

Then they could perhaps squeeze out more track mileage.

My fear is that 'next gen graphics' will be the 'reason' there is badly limited mileage next time around.

They should also be aware that next time, players like myself may well hold off purchasing for the good part of a year, knowing there would be new tracks, (probably) epic bug fixes, and then a discount on the base game too. You would want a more substantial and definitely more polished product at launch, unlike 2.0.

Edited by Jake Cushing
  • Disagree 1

What I don't understand is why some people ask for fictional stages in DR3.0. The best thing about the DR2.0 stages is that they are based on real roads, they look way more authentic, while in WRC8 some stages don't get the correct "feel" of the real location.

In my opinion what makes the WRC8 stages "better" is the more realistic art style and more detailed environment (more bushes, shrubs, small rocks, taller grass, denser vegetation, roads with slight variations in gravel color, sometimes the gravel is smoother, sometimes more rocky...), not the fact that they are fictional.

And you know what? I don't mind if Codies bring back the same stages in the future alongside with the new ones, as long as they are highly updated this time.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

At the same time I'm fed up of this "use one big stage and cut it up too create more stages" rubbish.I wana drive different stages in a rally, not the same sections over and over again. WRC6 managed it, then Kylotonn went the Codies route and did the one stage fits all concept. Minus the SSS stages. 

Edited by hockeytown1926

I'm actually disappointed Codies got the WRC license. I like the direction Kylotonn was going and the DIRT series is VERY hit and miss for me. The phyiscs are all over the place and Codies shady business with DIRT 2.0 DLC has really soured me on them.