Jump to content Jump to content

I can't hear players

Peluca0001

Hi I am doing some multiplayer on F1 2019 with some friends, when a room is created I usually can only hear one person out of three. 

I have checked my routers and all is open.

I am using the gane on PS4 and I have the headset and mic connected to the remote control.

Any ideas would help... Thanks...

Make sure you don't have anyone muted. It gives you the option to mute a single player or all players if you click on their name in the lobby.

The other players can also mute themselves so that might also be why you can't hear them. Or they might not know they have their mics set to off.

If you're on PC, don't forget to check your default audio peripherals in the sound control panel. Also make sure your communication device isn't used by another program at the same time (especially if you're using a USB headset). You can also uncheck "let applications take exclusive control of this device" in your microphone setting (also in the Windows sound control panel).

What headset do you have? Is it an official licensed one or a third-party one? (like hands-free headphones for mobiles etc)

If you have a third-party headset try to repeatedly unplug then replug it into your controller, it's not a pleasant way of doing things but it can still work as far as I'm aware.

If you have an official headset, go to your Audio Devices settings (of your PS4 system), then check if the input/output devices are the right ones. You should also check the levels (both headphones + microphone), set the Output to headphones setting to All Audio and tick the Switch Device Automatically box.

image.png

I am using the iPhone ear plugs with mic. The one that come with the phone. I haven’t had the chance to buy something better. 
the weird thing is that I hear one of my friends but not the rest.

if I create an audio group outside the game I can hear all of them,for example when we play GTS. But on F1 only one.

I also just noticed that if I create a room for multiplayer no one can come in and it displays an error to them.

somethimg is definitely wrong with some setup. 

Archived