Sign in to follow this  

FFB update - G27 still popping into neutral using h-shifter

It seems to be worse now :(

Still a great update. Definitely improved the overall feel of the wheel

Mine has never popped into neutral. Maybe it's your actual stick malfunctioning?

Or maybe you're just mistaking misfires for neutral craziness.

Gears on my G27 are also acting strange in Dirt Rally, and only in Dirt Rally...

Check the cable between wheel and shifter

had the same problem with my fanatec, it was the shifter

ketvok said:
Gears on my G27 are also acting strange in Dirt Rally, and only in Dirt Rally...
Yeah...

Every now and then the cars just randomly go into neutral, for me and my friends also.
Can be driving along in 3rd or 4th and it will pop out.

Different HW being used by some of us... G27 shifter, TH8 v1 and v2, custom built shifter(myself), they all seem to be doing it here and there.

Mine has never popped into neutral. Maybe it's your actual stick malfunctioning?

Or maybe you're just mistaking misfires for neutral craziness.
Never had a problem with RBR. In dirt rally I've had it pop out of gear right at the start when I went to take off, flat out sections in 5th gear. Also there's times it's not engaging when shifting; coming up to a corner, on the brakes and clutch in, go to downshift, grind, grind, grind. Shifter works perfectly fine in RBR as H-shifter, sequential shifter or handbrake.

Many have this problem, I find it unlikely everyone with the problem has a bad shifter.

paulieGTR said:
ketvok said:
Yeah...

Every now and then the cars just randomly go into neutral, for me and my friends also.
Can be driving along in 3rd or 4th and it will pop out.

Different HW being used by some of us... G27 shifter, TH8 v1 and v2, custom built shifter(myself), they all seem to be doing it here and there.

Maybe Dirt Rally is so realistic that you just broke your clutch :P

Yeah I have this same problem also. For example if you're driving with 3rd gear, it might suddenly jump to neutral, even though you didn't touch the shifter at all. Kinda annoying in some situations :)

Jepsertti said:
Yeah I have this same problem also. For example if you're driving with 3rd gear, it might suddenly jump to neutral, even though you didn't touch the shifter at all. Kinda annoying in some situations :)
That is very strange. Could be worth posing about it in the technical assistance section too?

This is a common problem with g25/27 when running clutch and/or H shifter.
Anybody not running this will not have a problem.
Its a software issue with the game.

Its been outlined and ignored in this post:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/6137/g25-clutch-issues