Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

T300RS GT Clutch recognised as button

So, after fighting to much with my old wheel that was so worn out that it shifted up whenever it wanted, especially when I didn't want it to, I decided to get a new wheel.

Got my new Thrustmaster T300RS GT today and everything works well except for one thing. The clutch pedal is recognised ingame as a button, not an axis. The wheel has the latest firmware and I installed the latest drivers and it works fine in windows properties. Is there some setting in F1 2019 I'm missing or some other change I need to make?

Noone has any idea about this? It works in other games like Assetto Corsa

13 hours ago, Lakrits said:

Noone has any idea about this? It works in other games like Assetto Corsa

Have you updated the wheel driver and the firmware?

Just a question first. Does the game actually support clutch axis? There's no bars in the calibration tab for clutch either so, perhaps I'm trying to do something that isn't even supported?

My wheel came with the T3PA pedal set.

On 6/11/2020 at 6:59 PM, Lakrits said:

Just a question first. Does the game actually support clutch axis? There's no bars in the calibration tab for clutch either so, perhaps I'm trying to do something that isn't even supported?

My wheel came with the T3PA pedal set.

I need to see video of what you are describing and asking, please. You do realise that when the drivers are correctly installed the properties take you into the Thrustmaster CP? If you are getting Windows Controller properties you do not have the driver working.

2 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

I need to see video of what you are describing and asking, please. You do realise that when the drivers are correctly installed the properties take you into the Thrustmaster CP? If you are getting Windows Controller properties you do not have the driver working.

I'll fix a video during the weekend.

But I do get the Thrustmaster Control panel, that's what I mean. I just mean when I go through windows control panel and so on into the Thrustmaster one all pedals work as they should, as they also do in other games. Just not F1 2019.

• Thanks 1

I know what you mean now. Short answer no, because the game doesn't register clutch as an axis. Why would you need it to?

In normal gameplay the clutch is a button (for non-assisted starts). If you play the classics, then the clutch can be used for changing gear but I don't think it's required (some wheels don't have a third pedal). But you dump the clutch on a start, you don't feed it in. Button functionality is fine.

It looks like this might also be an input syntax limitation (IDK, IANAP) Z-axis throttle, Y-axis brake, X-axis steering. 

Even the Thrustmaster software labels it Slider 0, so I think there's your answer. As long as you register some input on that control then the game will recognise it.

So it's a choice for the developer. Use the Slider 0 as an axis or as a button. It's clear what CM have done. HTH.

Ok. I guess I'm to much of a real car guy that knows how a clutch really works and what it does and can do. I know it doesn't matter for modern cars but for the old ones that actually had one it can be really useful, and then not just as an on or off switch. But, I keep forgetting this isn't a sim.