Sign in to follow this  

Monza

The new track limits are taking some time to get used to, but the first chicane at Monza is a damn joke.  You barely clip the second curve and you get dinged.  It ****** me off more the the idiots who cheat during duels.  I'm fuming right now.  Ridiculous!!!!

What do you think of the chicane (corner 5) at Baku. That is alsof a joke. I turned the second corner at very slow speed with both left tires stil on the track and a penalty follows.

Yes, those chicanes are terrible as well, but I seem to manage those ok now.  Monza is dumb.  Half my car is still on the track and I get dinged for "cutting the corner". Do these guys even watch real F1 that design this game?

The margins are very slim now. Monza first chicane and Baku turn 5 Baku are the real sore ones. You just have to crawl through both. 

• Like 1

Not enough penalty at the last chicane of Montreal.  I was leading the race.  Cheating opponent running at 2nd right behind never made the turn and skipped the chicane entirely.  He just drove to the finish line in a straight line using the runoff area and managed to snag the win from me even after the penalty.  Ridiculous.

21 hours ago, mobileracingfan said:

Not enough penalty at the last chicane of Montreal.  I was leading the race.  Cheating opponent running at 2nd right behind never made the turn and skipped the chicane entirely.  He just drove to the finish line in a straight line using the runoff area and managed to snag the win from me even after the penalty.  Ridiculous.

I think a tad relaxed rule for Canada last chicane might be intentional. Coz you're coming from a DRS zone and entering the second DRS on the start/finish straight. Plus, if you stay a bit on the right side of the track to avoid cutting the chicane, you're bound to hit the Wall of the Champions unless you crawl through the chicane and most certainly lose out to the soft braking opponents.

I was wondering about Montreal too. I had thought I timed the corner superbly only to see my opponent zoom past right through the corner. 

Posted (edited)

I’m not going to lie, I used to take advantage of the corners and turns when they didn’t penalize me. But now I’m making a concerted effort to drive as clean as I can all around. The last chicane at Montreal alone I’ve lost so many races just purely due to the fact of this concerted effort to drive clean, when before that I used to almost literally glide through it at 80 percent throttle and just flew by so many opponents for the win, but that’s okay, even if I lose some races because of it, it makes you feel good that you’re racing the right way.

Edited by Verlappen

I think this problem just mine XD
well, the AI rules the chicane so s*cks!
1. first chicane of monza, come on my tyres still on the track

2. Last chicane of spa, same problem above

3. Last chicane of catalunya, my car flied when hit the curbs...I mean literally flying, and end to the wall XD

9 hours ago, iwanraikko said:

I think this problem just mine XD
well, the AI rules the chicane so s*cks!
1. first chicane of monza, come on my tyres still on the track

2. Last chicane of spa, same problem above

3. Last chicane of catalunya, my car flied when hit the curbs...I mean literally flying, and end to the wall XD

This is what happened with me at Catalunya last corner. I was leading by almost two seconds and then I ended up "hanging like a cow!"

I agree the consistency isn’t there. Monza, Baku and Barcelona track limits are too tight and Montreal is still all wrong; you can still almost straight line it which is a shame as that would be a real challenge with the infamous “wall of champions”. I’m all for more strict track limits but some places need to be looked at again 

Posted (edited)

Are you meant to take Monza Turn 6 and 7 flat out?  I keep getting overtaken at these curves in tight races or end up in the gravel if I don't hit the brakes.  I always lose at Monza if I don't build a solid lead after the first chicane.     

Edited by mobileracingfan

I guess that depends on your setup etc. for me 6  (Lesmo 1) is flatout but I use brake into 7. I don’t know the optimum set up (check YouTube) but in real life isn’t as low downforce as you might think due to Ascari and the Parabolica 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mobileracingfan said:

Are you meant to take Monza Turn 6 and 7 flat out?  I keep getting overtaken at these curves in tight races or end up in the gravel if I don't hit the brakes.  I always lose at Monza if I don't build a solid lead after the first chicane.     

When I did this circuit for the 90th anniversary event, I hardly touched the brakes in sector 2 or 3. 

Edited by G1bby