Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out my video! ---Dirt Rally with low grip applied in the tuning file

Check out my video! ---Dirt Rally with low grip applied in the tuning file. The handling and reply footage are now 95% close to real WRC TV footage. If codemaster can take care of the inertia problem, Dirt Rally will be the best rally in the past 12 years following RBR!  keep it up Codemaster!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBPMIkCq8ls

Looks great! So, you just went into the tuning files of each car and changed Tyres Front and Rear values to low_grip or anything else? I tried this and did a little bit of testing (only had time to drive the Impreza over Bronfelen so far) and this didn't really seem to change much. Would like to try your settings!

Check out my video! ---Dirt Rally with low grip applied in the tuning file. The handling and reply footage are now 95% close to real WRC TV footage. If codemaster can take care of the inertia problem, Dirt Rally will be the best rally in the past 12 years following RBR!  keep it up Codemaster!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBPMIkCq8ls
I LOVE THISSS!! ITS PERFECT!!! Great job!

while it is great also shows you what people can tinker with and get better results.i wonder if some people are running with settings like this already at top end.

dgeesi0 said:
while it is great also shows you what people can tinker with and get better results.i wonder if some people are running with settings like this already at top end.
I doubt people are running with less grip and getting better times :P It is worrying though if it's possible to increase the grip.

Gotta admit that footage looks pretty awesome. Course sliding is always more spectacular and fun, whether it's more realistic is a different question.

yes its not the less grip im worried about its more grip being applied .

dgeesi0 said:
I was a bit worried so I did test high grip value. I beat my previous best time but the time was not accepted on the leaderboard so there is nothing to worry about.

bogani said:
dgeesi0 said:
I was a bit worried so I did test high grip value. I beat my previous best time but the time was not accepted on the leaderboard so there is nothing to worry about.
Well thanks for being our ban test dummy lol

I did test the low grip a few weeks ago and in Wales the grip was reduced too much imo. The Impreza was hard to keep on the road. Something in between low grip and medium would be to my liking.

Monte def became better with low grip though.

On another other note the devs will adjust and refine the different surfaces according to Coleman.

Low Grip? How? Look video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0dzNI2dFXo

Looks great! So, you just went into the tuning files of each car and changed Tyres Front and Rear values to low_grip or anything else? I tried this and did a little bit of testing (only had time to drive the Impreza over Bronfelen so far) and this didn't really seem to change much. Would like to try your settings!
Ok To answer your questions and maybe some other people's question about what i changed. For the game file, i only changed the turning file of each car and changed the Tyres Front and Rear values to low_grip, as you said. Nothing else! However, please keep your eye open here and listen to what I'm gonna say. YOU HAVE TO TUNE THE CAR IN THE SETUP PAGE. Yes, the default turning is crap and makes every car understeer like hell and very hard to do power slide. In order to do the drifting in my video, you will need to lower your front differential to 20%, upper your rear differential to 80%, lower the neutral differential lock at 30%. Also, make the suspension spring as soft as possible like 15% or something. Also don't forget the brake ratio and please make it as least 50:50 if not towards rear. Now here you go, enjoy drifting! :)

bogani said:
I did test the low grip a few weeks ago and in Wales the grip was reduced too much imo. The Impreza was hard to keep on the road. Something in between low grip and medium would be to my liking.

On another other note the devs will adjust and refine the different surfaces according to Coleman.
Honestly I don't think Impreza is hard to keep on road in wales with low grip. Look at my video. I have plenty of footage showing me driving Impreza on Wales just fine. In fact, if you look at the reply, you will find with low grip it looks way more realistic than with med/high grip, which was proven by my video. In reality this is how WRC drivers are dealing with.

I think if a tire option where implemented, with varied tread and compounds for changing stage conditions, this talk about grip would be alleviated some.  It would put you in control of how much grip you want need until the next service, when you will need to change your tires because you may have worn them out too fast by sliding or catching too many ditches, etc.  

BTW Like your vids the Linkin Park song is near perfect, I will now think about rally when I listen to it now!

bogani said:

Honestly I don't think Impreza is hard to keep on road in wales with low grip. Look at my video. I have plenty of footage showing me driving Impreza on Wales just fine. In fact, if you look at the reply, you will find with low grip it looks way more realistic than with med/high grip, which was proven by my video. In reality this is how WRC drivers are dealing with.
I just tried stock setup, which with the impreza means 90-10 front-rear tourque, so yeah that might have been an unfair judgement.