Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lose all Money after EXIT on Dirt Rally

Carlos, there is a fix in the Steam forums in the thread I linked above. Basically you have to Uncheck the 'Read-Only' flag on your save file with the game closed, apply to sub-folders, start up the game client, and discard the active career mode championship. That will get you saving again until something like Greece or Online breaks it again. The save folder is named '310560'. The default path to it is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\USERNUMBER\310560'. Poke around the userdata folder - USERNUMBER might be differently named for you.

WasabiWei said:
Carlos, there is a fix in the Steam forums in the thread I linked above. Basically you have to Uncheck the 'Read-Only' flag on your save file with the game closed, apply to sub-folders, start up the game client, and discard the active career mode championship. That will get you saving again until something like Greece or Online breaks it again. The save folder is named '310560'. The default path to it is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\11951695\310560'. Poke around the userdata folder - 11951695 might be differently named for you.
attention, the read file is not problem.

The problem for some user are only in Greece map.

If you play in greece you go lose the save and progress.

When I play and the game go to greece, I exit form the game, after go to the game again, make discard the active carrer and the game save, but only if i play in other countrys, when i play again greece I lose.

WasabiWei said:
Carlos, there is a fix in the Steam forums in the thread I linked above. Basically you have to Uncheck the 'Read-Only' flag on your save file with the game closed, apply to sub-folders, start up the game client, and discard the active career mode championship. That will get you saving again until something like Greece or Online breaks it again. The save folder is named '310560'. The default path to it is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\11951695\310560'. Poke around the userdata folder - 11951695 might be differently named for you.
I tried that too, but I guess this is not the problem. You will always have the folder appear write protected in Windows 7, even right after you just deactivated it. This is due to the rights and access management system, but if you right click on any actual file in those folders, you will see that these are not write protected.

Anyway, today I deleted my profile and started from scratch to see if the profile was corrupted. But even with a clean new profile, I still can not save any progress. As soon as I do any race in career mode, all changes in my profile and any progress in the career is not getting saved. Greece or no Greece, doesn't matter.

WasabiWei said:
attention, the read file is not problem.

The problem for some user are only in Greece map.

If you play in greece you go lose the save and progress.

When I play and the game go to greece, I exit form the game, after go to the game again, make discard the active carrer and the game save, but only if i play in other countrys, when i play again greece I lose.
It's not even all of Greece, but just a specific track or a few tracks.
Whenever the bug happens, you: 
1. can't save anymore, without restarting the game, so any progress after that won't be saved. You can see this by going to profile and trying to save - if the little circle thingy in the bottom right corner shows up and does a few spins after you press the save button, you're good. If it doesn't even show up, you can might as well quit the game, becaues no progress will be saved.
2. Racenet doesn't connect anymore, you can't even open Online events page in the Carreer.
3. Achievements stop working. You can see this, by trying to beat the delta times in custom events. If you beat the delta time, but the achievment doesn't show up, again, the bug is active (of course, this applies if you hadn't done the delta achievement on that specific track before).
So far I've done all of the delta achievements for Monaco, Wales and Germany and some for Greece, but some tracks always seem to trigger the bug. I'm currently narrowing it down

EDIT: So I just ran through all of the stages I had left for the delta achievements (there were 5 left), and all of them caused the bug. All of them are a part of the same long stage.
The conflicting stages are:
- Tsiristra Thea (long one)
- Pedines Epidaxi (first half of Tsiristra Thea)
- Ypsona Tou Dasos (second half)
- Abies Koilada (first half reversed)
- Ourea Spevsi (second half reversed)
Strangely Perasma Platani, which is the whole Tsiristra Thea reversed, doesn't cause the bug.

UPDATE: So a friend suggested something, that had slipped my mind - delete local content and redownload the game. Seems to have fixed the problem. Not a 100% sure yet, but I was able to get all the delta achievements.