Jump to content

F1 2020 Deluxe Schumacher Pre-order Early Release Access

Recommended Posts

@BarryBL

My next question is about getting "early access" if I "pre-order" F1 2020 Deluxe Schumacher version. So if I go to Gamestop and pre-order the F1 2020 Deluxe Schumacher version for a hardcopy or disc (PS4), will I receive a code on my receipt to download a version on July 7th or will I be able to go to Gamestop and pick up my hardcopy/disc on that date? I'm sorry but I am old fashion and when I pay for something, I want something in my hand at the end of the day. Also, I have a very large archive of PlayStation/Xbox Games and consoles that goes back many years. When an old console goes bad, I can't replace it without losing any data I may have on HDD. I can however replace the console and use the disc or discs that I have in my archives. So again my question is, if I pay the extra $10 for F1 2020 Deluxe Schumacher version for a hard copy do I still get early access or since I'm insisting on a hard copy, do I have to wait until July 10th? Gamestop list the F1 2020 Deluxe Schumacher version with a July 10th release date, same as the non-deluxe version. Sorry to bother you so much but I am starting feel the anticipation of the release of F1 2020. The $10 for three days early access is not an issue for me as I am starting to go crazy waiting for this year's version to be released. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BarryBL

Thanks. Plus I have to schedule the correct vacation day of from work. For the past two years I have taken the F1 release day off and plan on doing so again this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Wondering the same thing. Only places to get it in the US for PS4 are Gamestop and Best Buy. Amazon doesn't have it yet, but last time I did release date delivery they shipped it on the release date versus delivering it..

Edited by FlyingDutch020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@FlyingDutch020

Yeah, I would be so ****** off if I took the day off and had to wait for it to be delivered or maybe not. This is another reason I prefer buying a hard copy. I can be at Gamestop when they open the doors on release day. It's just sad that they are opening up at noon instead of 10am due to the Corona-virus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Getts0388,

I've spoken to our Sales team on this, and it is at retailers discretion. We will have the tools our side of things for you to get the game on the 7th, even as a hardcopy. What I'd recommend is to go to your GameStop, let them know the version you want, and double check with someone at the store that you can come and get this on the 7th.

I personally don't buy a lot of games in disc anymore (mostly because I'm lazy 😛 ) but, from my memory, that is possible here in the UK as I have done so for other games in the past. We'll have the facility our end and access will be online from the 7th, just make sure with the retailer as you should be able to do so.

Hope this helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BarryBL

Thank very much for the response. I kinda figured that I would have to double check while at Gamestop paying for my preorder. Since I am stuck at work all day and want to get home ASAP to practice before I qualify Baku weekly event (with a cold beer), I will call there at noon today to see what I can find out. I will post what they tell me here once I speak to someone at Gamestop. I could also switch to plan B. Which is buy it as a digital download and buy a hard copy later for archives. I just hate putting data on my external HDD. I'm afraid it will fail on me. Thanks again for the response and everything you do for us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Getts0388 said:

@BarryBL

Thank very much for the response. I kinda figured that I would have to double check while at Gamestop paying for my preorder. Since I am stuck at work all day and want to get home ASAP to practice before I qualify Baku weekly event (with a cold beer), I will call there at noon today to see what I can find out. I will post what they tell me here once I speak to someone at Gamestop. I could also switch to plan B. Which is buy it as a digital download and buy a hard copy later for archives. I just hate putting data on my external HDD. I'm afraid it will fail on me. Thanks again for the response and everything you do for us.

Have a backup drive. This is where consoles suck a bit, however all your store purchases are linked to your account and should be redownloadable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @Getts0388,

I've spoken to our Sales team on this, and it is at retailers discretion. We will have the tools our side of things for you to get the game on the 7th, even as a hardcopy. What I'd recommend is to go to your GameStop, let them know the version you want, and double check with someone at the store that you can come and get this on the 7th.

I personally don't buy a lot of games in disc anymore (mostly because I'm lazy 😛 ) but, from my memory, that is possible here in the UK as I have done so for other games in the past. We'll have the facility our end and access will be online from the 7th, just make sure with the retailer as you should be able to do so.

Hope this helps

Thanks for response @BarryBL how will we get a copy on the 7th if you can't preorder it through PSN? It seems from other games they don't do pre orders anymore, they just release it on release day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are currently with Sony to get an update for you soon regarding this issue.

We know that you aren't able to pre-order F1® 2020 digitally on PS4 right now, if you register your details over here: https://www.formula1game.com/2020/preorder

We'll let you know when it's gone live!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BarryBL

In the hopes of not sounding too gimmicky, would Codemasters be open to the idea of donating some percentage of the sales of the F1 2020 Schumacher edition to Michael’s family? I understand there are probably licensing fees and stuff to use his image and cars, but I think it’d be a really good gesture for CM to donate back to the family given I’m sure a lot of people are now F1 fans thanks to Michael. I know he was a big part of what drew me to F1 when growing up. I think it’d be a good gesture, and it might also give people a bit more incentive to purchase the deluxe edition. I think we all are hoping for some sort of normalcy for Michael again, and just being able to donate to the family in this way seems cool. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

10 days have passed since the last reply, and still nothing on the pre order on psn. -23 at the exit of the delux. are there updates or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still nothing on the PS4 pre order?? I'm really worried about that. Would be a total disrespect if the PS4 owners can't play the game on its release dat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, faldon3005 said:

Still nothing on the PS4 pre order?? I'm really worried about that. Would be a total disrespect if the PS4 owners can't play the game on its release dat

I think they said it will be up before the 7th July but I think it’s playstations issue rather than codies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cpayne32 said:

I think they said it will be up before the 7th July but I think it’s playstations issue rather than codies

What could possibly be happening with Sony??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve preordered a steam code via CDKeys for my Schumacher edition of the game - sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but will I be able to get this code on July 7th from them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nothere270 said:

I’ve preordered a steam code via CDKeys for my Schumacher edition of the game - sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but will I be able to get this code on July 7th from them?

If you have preordered it then you will get the code on the 7th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i preordered the schumacher edition on steam, but when i click on it in my library, it says it will release on the 10th, will i receive it on the 7th?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is Codemasters fault that F1 2020 is not properly being released. NASCAR heat 5 & madden 2020 both avertise that if u preorder the correct version u will get 3 days early access. I have checked with GameStop & both nascar heat 5 & madden 2020 will be released on july 7th as a hard copy. However F1 2020 Schumacher edition will not be released until July 10th. 704 games & whoever makes madden did their due diligence to make sure their games are released as advertised. Codemasters have dropped the ball. I was told from codemasters that it was my fault due to the 3rd party I purchased the game through. Last time I checked it is codemasters.com advertising the 3 days early release, not getts0388.com. Codemaster should be ashamed of them selves for not making sure their release is properly preformed. Too me it’s simple laziness on their behalf. Sorry if this is too rough but it’s the truth. 

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Getts0388 said:

It is Codemasters fault that F1 2020 is not properly being released. NASCAR heat 5 & madden 2020 both avertise that if u preorder the correct version u will get 3 days early access. I have checked with GameStop & both nascar heat 5 & madden 2020 will be released on july 7th as a hard copy. However F1 2020 Schumacher edition will not be released until July 10th. 704 games & whoever makes madden did their due diligence to make sure their games are released as advertised. Codemasters have dropped the ball. I was told from codemasters that it was my fault due to the 3rd party I purchased the game through. Last time I checked it is codemasters.com advertising the 3 days early release, not getts0388.com. Codemaster should be ashamed of them selves for not making sure their release is properly preformed. Too me it’s simple laziness on their behalf. Sorry if this is too rough but it’s the truth. 

Please give it a rest.

Codemasters have always advertised the Schumacher Edition of the game to be released on 7th July, so if your chosen retailer isn’t putting it on sale until the 10th, that’s their problem, not Codemasters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a forum for discussion as I am free to post what I want as are u. All due respect but I was just stating what happened to me. If you don’t like what I’m writing or disagree with me, that is fine. Please don’t tell me what to do however. I was just stating some facts & my personal opinion. You are also intitled to your opinion. Again other developers have gotten their release properly arranged, that was my point. Also I’m the one who started this subject and I was just adding where I was. You don’t have to read it, if it bothers u so much. Please take care and have nice days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just open f1 2019 and buy it over there I pre odered it already over f1 2019 and also got a rabat cuz I own f1 2019 from 10% so from 80€ to 72€ ez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this but if u read my original post I prefer not to download games but to get a hard copy/disc. I have an archives going back decades so that I can play games long after they are supported. Again, it’s just me & I understand that but we never have had this problem with any other game in the past. As far as I can remember, every other time I have purchased a hard coy thru GameStop with an early release, GameStop has honored it. This is the first time I have ever seen a developer so disconnected with the proper release date. I’m sure there has been others but this is a first for me is all I was trying to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×