Jump to content
F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

* NEW FEATURE * - Spectator Shortcuts

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

Back at it again with the new features for you to try out..... this time Spectator Shortcuts (for PC).

In summary, we have assigned shortcuts to specific functions in spectator which are as below.

Default Key

Functionality

1~0

Change focus car to the car in position N.

C

Toggle Camera Type

D

Cycle Detail state

G

Cycle Gap state

T

Cycle Telemetry state

L

Cycle Lap Data state

SHIFT + 1~0

Change focus car to the car in position N + 10

 

There’s been a few requests for things like this from a few users, and I'm happy to be able to tell you about a feature we have brought over from our esports arena to the main release of the game. Please let us know how you get on with these 🙂 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we able to do this on other platforms if we plug a keyboard in?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, RedDevilKT said:

@Bicarda One just for you 😉 

Looks good 🙂 i'll try it out. 

Also i get the logic behind using the first letters of the words but can't we just use zxcvb or asdfg or something? these keys are really scattered 🙈

Update: I really love them for switching around the drivers quickly!  takes some getting used to but it feels very good to not have that window open all the time. 

Now we just need time penalties to be visible as a top priority. (and please get rid of the 5 sec pitstop penalty for anything but pit speed limit offenses because they are usually wrong and we can't fix that stuff at the end of the race if someone served it already. time penalties we can) 

Edited by Bicarda
tried it out :P
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ILRT_Owen said:

Are we able to do this on other platforms if we plug a keyboard in?

In theory yes, but feedback on that would be really useful for us. If you can try it out @ILRT_Owen and let me know on here, i'd really appreciate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2020 at 4:27 PM, BarryBL said:

In theory yes, but feedback on that would be really useful for us. If you can try it out @ILRT_Owen and let me know on here, i'd really appreciate it.

@BarryBL I tried the keyboard on PS4 and these shortcuts don’t work however you can use the F keys and the arrow keys to get everything done. So keyboard does work to an extent.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion the shortcuts would be for League Race Stream good, because you don’t need to open the window to change the settings.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually map Steam PTT to T so I don't press it. Looks like I'll have to map to Y instead 🙂

Are all these shortcuts going to be in a / the manual? Because to be honest, it's been a bit thin in recent years.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A nice addition.  Soooo much easier to switch between battles on the track.  🙂

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Tried this on ps4, only a few buttons work which, as @ILRT_Owenmentioned is only some of the f buttons (f1, f2, F5, 6 and 7) plus when the mini box is up the arrow keys work to do that instead of controller directional

 

I would love to see keyboard functioning available to seamlessly jump from one player to another. Gtsport has had this method since it was launched and it works really well, allowing you to press any of the top row numbers (1-0) to jump to that car in the top ten and then the first row of letters does 11 to 20.

 

They also have other button functions and are easily findable online but for commentators and leagues having keyboard option on all platforms would be amazing and could make the streams look better, I know I get annoyed leaving the box on the left open from time to time

 

Could this be something implemented for 2020 on console or if not can it be looked into for future games? 

 

@BarryBL

Edited by Andy81287yt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be possible to give us more option of streaming to add the helico camera?

We dont have a lot of key to use some camera angle to replay incident for league owner. And the helicam its just the best mainly in racing start

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait does this mean I can use this in replay in single player too? That would be extremely cool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome addition thanks guys 🙂 Maybe add M for Minimap cycle though? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If only we could get a replay function as spectator, that would make commentating so much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is great. Another thing that should be added is the name of the driver on top of the car in spectator mode. It would make it easier for commentator and spectator to recognize drivers especially when you do inter league championship using the same livery for 10 drivers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2020 at 3:38 PM, MMARCOTTE said:

This is great. Another thing that should be added is the name of the driver on top of the car in spectator mode. It would make it easier for commentator and spectator to recognize drivers especially when you do inter league championship using the same livery for 10 drivers. 

That's a very specific use tho XD i think 99% of the time it would be useless screen clutter. 

Altho i agree as with most of these things: The option should be there.  This game should be so much more customizable. 
Anything that is already in the game anyway should be able to be turned on or off. Heck, why can't we move around the interface in spectator mode anyway?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2020 at 12:05 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Back at it again with the new features for you to try out..... this time Spectator Shortcuts (for PC).

In summary, we have assigned shortcuts to specific functions in spectator which are as below.

Default Key

Functionality

1~0

Change focus car to the car in position N.

C

Toggle Camera Type

D

Cycle Detail state

G

Cycle Gap state

T

Cycle Telemetry state

L

Cycle Lap Data state

SHIFT + 1~0

Change focus car to the car in position N + 10

 

There’s been a few requests for things like this from a few users, and I'm happy to be able to tell you about a feature we have brought over from our esports arena to the main release of the game. Please let us know how you get on with these 🙂 

Is this only for online spectators?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2020 at 10:25 PM, Davi Javarini said:

Is this only for online spectators?

Similar question, just starting with “Why”...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×