Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you want mod support? Tell the Codemasters Devs in this survey.

Recently, a Codemasters Dev told me that if I want mod support, I must convince them that the greater community wants it and that it is worth their time to implement. So for lack of better ideas I put together this survey to help get the point across. The more submissions the better.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1J-cCOxxNck8Q4Rt8-SiZd0sEivsrBaydBjVW1wOHwOI/viewform?usp=send_form

Baffled by how GTA wasn't included on the "games that benefited from modding" list, but I hope this will send a message.

Done. The only concern I have is that licensed material (for liveries and such) would become a problem, and I'm not giving up my Steven Universe car for anyone...

WOW 250+ voters , thats the biggest response to any suggestion box topic yet.

Anths95 said:
Done. The only concern I have is that licensed material (for liveries and such) would become a problem, and I'm not giving up my Steven Universe car for anyone...
Hi Anths, why do you think that will be a problem?
As a trademark how make a contract with other enterprise, if this licensed enterprise how use all images of the first one... That have no be a problem let the modders copy and create material with new liveries or new cars that Codies doesn't do in the future...
In many cases is a great platform for advertising those trademarks without any cost for the enterprise... With no benefits as well... Directly... Indirectly can be...

For this I think that this Modding Way don't hurt licensed work, it
will be complement the final game and give it more lifetime... IMO

dbs213 said:
Baffled by how GTA wasn't included on the "games that benefited from modding" list, but I hope this will send a message.

Well, it's (GTA V in particular) been included under "games that suffered from mod support" numerous times.

Well, it's (GTA V in particular) been included under "games that suffered from mod support" numerous times.
Is it about the infected ASI file from the Crazy Planes mod? The cheaters online (like most games have)?
I had some pretty good fun with the CLEO mods on San Andreas.

Great! I make some tweet too, so @codemasters and @dirtgame have more feedback from us that love to mod games  :)  ;)