I try to avoid racing in Monaco because I suck on that track but now that I’m competing in the 70 anniversary event I think I may have to.

My question is what is the minimum time I can get away with to qualify first? Otherwise there’s no point in wasting 100 credits. At the moment my best time is around 1.09 which is not enough to beat the top ai cars in single. Can I assume that it is the same in the event?

10 hours ago, PB111 said:

I try to avoid racing in Monaco because I suck on that track but now that I’m competing in the 70 anniversary event I think I may have to.

My question is what is the minimum time I can get away with to qualify first? Otherwise there’s no point in wasting 100 credits. At the moment my best time is around 1.09 which is not enough to beat the top ai cars in single. Can I assume that it is the same in the event?

If you're into the event early, getting P1 in qualy is comparatively easy. Once the higher rated and better players join and set their times, the benchmark for P1 in qualy rises. I have 1:08 but I'm still not very hopeful.

However, the only hope is that it's Monaco. Anything is possible. Maybe.

On 6/6/2020 at 10:49 PM, PB111 said:

The trick to Monaco, is you have to be ultra focused, have a soft touch and be ultra responsive. One lil slip up at Monaco and ur f’d!

I used to be terrible in Monaco, now it is my best track.  I would have never thought that.  

1 hour ago, CoachSims said:

I used to be terrible in Monaco, now it is my best track.  I would have never thought that.  

What's your setup?  I tried maxing out handling but I still can't get a clean lap without touching the barrier at least once.

6 hours ago, mobileracingfan said:

What's your setup?  I tried maxing out handling but I still can't get a clean lap without touching the barrier at least once.

I used a high downforce set up with more brakes and more power and did ok in Monaco. I then tried my normal lightweight set up that I use at most tracks and did a 1:02. 

20 hours ago, mobileracingfan said:

I touch the barriers so much they have fitted paint brushes to my car! 

• Like 1

On 6/7/2020 at 3:49 AM, PB111 said:

I loath Monaco!  My time is measured by a calendar!  I have not yet managed to get round  the Grand Hotel turn or Rascasse without rubbing against the barrier.  I think I have a car that is using an Indy 500 steering rack! 

On 6/12/2020 at 10:13 PM, mobileracingfan said:

I use a fairly balanced set up with more going to Aero.IMG_3535.jpg.fba573faf784edbc3b3dce45a27f4402.jpg