Sign in to follow this  

Race Driver: GRID 6 years on

Fondest memory of GRID was the final few seconds of Le Mans, when THAT MUSIC starts building up. Got me every time.

The game just reignited my interest in circuit racing games overall. It was refreshing to have a game that focused on making the driving exciting, not just realistic.

Other main memory is the absurb difficulty curve. Game got impossible around the time you start racing LMP1 cars outside of Le Mans.

Fondest memory of GRID was the final few seconds of Le Mans, when THAT MUSIC starts building up. Got me every time.
Have still never heard it... first thing I turn off in any racing game :)

Shouldn't have. Grid 1 never had music in-game, except for the last 2 minutes or so of Le Mans. You should go put it back on and give it a go, it really does put the pressure on :)

so do I. I prefer playing sports games without music

For me TOCA 2 was the pinnacle. It all went downhill from there.  Spent some years in the Forza world but always longed for toca handling and tracks. Really keeping my fingers crossed they get it right this time.
Absolutely agree with you about ToCA 2. Best CM game ever for me.

As well as LeMans there are a few more races in the GRID career game that have the musical buildup.  Can't recall which ones offhand, but I think there are even a couple of short races that have that music from start to finish.  Oh - the Ravenwest match races do.

I bought ToCA3 around 2010, but was already smitten by GRID - my most played game, still.

Frank
PC/keyboard, offline single player.

KazzyMac said:
Shouldn't have. Grid 1 never had music in-game, except for the last 2 minutes or so of Le Mans. 
Yes it does. It has music on all the menu screens too.

Grid brilliant game though some of it is strange i Can't put ultra trees and crowd on even on low settings in graphics on high idk my pc is nuts