Sign in to follow this  

First win in 7 years!

Yeah thats right seve real years by the way and it was one hell of a race.

The reason for the gap I just have not been in a top car since red bull in the 2013 game and I always start the next game with the contract options for the teams I got end of season on the previous release.

I also race on 100% bar two races in all this time so I dont get many seasons in on a game usually and match the difficulty as close as possible with my team mate although kimi has destroyed me most of the time!

Anyhow I am in a sauber and had an awful qualy in the wet finishes 19th which was 7 places behind Kimi who is magic in our 9th best car lol i start last though as gearbox needs replacing.

Hungary race was normal dry and I only pick my way up to 16th but theres a safety car as Bottas has retired but I had put medium on 8 laps ago so I stayed out whilest alot of other put on soft. I lose a few places to the guys behind on fresh rubber but continue and annoyingly (at the time) I am rold rain is due in 15 minutes despite it meaning to be a dry race so this was the 10th rain effected race so far!

With this in mind I decide to not pit as per the strategy and go on holding out for the rain and theres light drizzle on lap 46 when vettel DNFs (5th dnf this yeat from him) so another safety car. The tracks not ready for inters but after a lap at practically driving normally (even under safety car) I pit for inters and come out in 14th place and join the cue.

In restart most of the cars pit for inters but apart from norris and stroll who stay on drys so I am able to pass these and build a gap with 21 laps to go I am not leading the race with Russel somehow in P2 16 seconds behind me and hamilton in third on his tails. Hamilton passes him fairly fast although took him a lap longer than I expected but hes 15 seconds behind on inters as I am but he at this point is catching by 8 tenths to 1 second a lap.

I put my head down expecting him to be close with 3 or 4 laps to go and he reeled me in 10 laps to 10 seconds I was going as fast as I dare 5 laps to go rains harder and the gap stabalises for 2 laps and I reckon I am in clear but theres a charge with 2 laps to go hamilton is 2 seconds behind and I almost lose the car on turn 6 (thank you ffb) with one lap to go theres 8 tenths in it and hes fast on the straight I have to defend 3 corners from the end and 2nd to last corner he goes slightly a head but I have inside line and hold it at this point he hits my rear and my heart goes! I GO wide but he goes across the grass I stay ahead by a good 3 seconds end and go mental as I cross the line!

The team sound very normal about this lol but what a ******* race.

Was my first race on a 34 inch ultrawide 1440p with a curve after playing on a 21 inch 1080p monitor for last 4 years.

Due to how real I play that win felt insane! I had to share my story ☺

No assists cockpit came G920 wheel full races.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Cheers guys might be last win for another 7 years so I enjoyed it. Had a podium with mclaren on f1 2016 on a wet race so these kind of achievements are far and few between.

Back to battling for a top 15th finish now ha