I made the Top 10 in Baku....Holy **** lol (PS4)

I figured I'd share this with the F1 community because you all know how tough it is to not only be good, but to do so for 13 laps with trembling arms on the first few laps lol.

I have to say I never thought I'd see a top ten finish but there I am proudly in P8. Congrats to the others on the board that are both ahead of and behind me.

F1® 2019_Top 10 Leaderboard.jpg

F1® 2019_Top 10 Finish.jpg

• Like 2

Congrats @Mike5500, Only time I ever get in the Top 10 is if I'm testing things before they release 😂. Impressive stuff!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well done Mike5500. As a driver whose current best position is last (and usually lapped a couple of times) I can only imagine how good you are feeling at the moment. 

• Agree 1

@Mike5500

Good job on the P8 for The Baku weekly event. I have sent a request to the Canadian PM that he create a holiday named after you! If you keep this up, you might find a bounty on your head similar to the Kyle Busch bounty. I would be willing to give someone part or all off 99,999 F1 2019 credits I have to take you out of the next GP. I just messing with you buddy. Good job and I am proud to have you on my friends list. Keep it up!

• Thanks 1

Some great lap times here but wondering how its possible for the top 10 to be 4 seconds a lap quicker than George Russell was last night??

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, rogere said:

Some great lap times here but wondering how its possible for the top 10 to be 4 seconds a lap quicker than George Russell was last night??

George Russell qualified with a 1:36.8. The times you are seeing next to the names are the Qualifying times. The in race lap times are much slower. This is what you must be basing it on. I qualified with a 1:38.6 but my fastest in race lap was a 1:41.8

Qualifying has different conditions. Slightly more track grip and both max fuel and max ERS are used whereas in race they are moderated to last over 13 laps.

Plus on top of all this George Russell was using a default setup so his time is actually incredible and right up there with the top Esports drivers.

Edited by Mike5500
  • Agree 1