Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your favorite stage?

So the other day after booting up DR I craved a certain stage, yet I didn't know the name. After trial and error, I found my favorite stage, and soared through it in the 205.

So, which is your favorite special stage and why? I'll start off with Pomona Ekrixi, simply becasue of the two collosal jumps at the start.

Wales - Bidno Moorland Reverse (because of the long bend in the beginning (can slide through it, it's awesome),
the long straights in the open grassland and the tight forest roads.

I also quite like Greece - Kathodo Leontiou because it has a lot of different surprising corners, cliffs and hairpins.

i love most wales tracks hope at some point they add tape on the side of the roads on moor tracks though and spectators to stop cutting. many tracks are effected by this.

Another one is Fferm Wynt because of the long, flowing corners at the start Pra d'alart is nice too, and the only Monte stage that I like There's also one, maybe Kathodo Leontiou, that has a huge jump into a sharp right. I always fall off the cliff...

Wales. All of it.

If you're forcing me to pick a single stage, it's difficult, but probably Sweet Lamb. That last section (that place with the water) makes a great finish to a fantastic race.

Sweet Lamb, for the drive, and for the accuracy. I always pick out the spot where I've stood with my Dad many a time! :) 

I guess the worst stages would be one of the Greek stages, since there are some stages which are totally covered by trees on both sides, makes it hard to know when and where the corner starts, also the small roads and huge bumps on the side of the roads make it my nemesis atm. But I pretty much like most stages.

ps: It comes to my attention that nobody so far mentioned any stage from Monaco, kinda weird :yum: 

I like Monaco, especially the ice/snow parts. But I prefer gravel, so it's not #1 for me. I'd expect most tarmac fans to prefer Germany, which is closer to a street racing track. I guess Monaco is somewhere in the middle for most players.

Wales seems to be overall favourite though. Is there a poll about which location is best, actually?

Spokster said:
there are some stages which are totally covered by trees on both sides, makes it hard to know when and where the corner starts
Pacenotes and guts. Rally drivers will tell you the same :P 

Spokster said:
I guess the worst stages would be one of the Greek stages, since there are some stages which are totally covered by trees on both sides, makes it hard to know when and where the corner starts, also the small roads and huge bumps on the side of the roads make it my nemesis atm. But I pretty much like most stages.

ps: It comes to my attention that nobody so far mentioned any stage from Monaco, kinda weird :yum: 
Yea. Trees on both sides, downhill with blind corners. It's really hard.

There's one of the stages in Wales with alot of bumps and rough edges along side a ridge. I've died there several times.

Spokster said:
there are some stages which are totally covered by trees on both sides, makes it hard to know when and where the corner starts
While I do agree with you, I have bad experiences with guts, if I try to cut and keep flooring it, I will end up in a ditch, I'll play it safe, no need for first place anyway.

I love Bidno Moorland Reverse but I think Flugzeugring Reverse is my new favorite, such a tight but fast course, and the start and finish are in eyesight of each other!

Spokster said:
Spokster said:
While I do agree with you, I have bad experiences with guts, if I try to cut and keep flooring it, I will end up in a ditch, I'll play it safe, no need for first place anyway.
Guts doesn't only mean flooring it at unnecessary times, it also means judging for yourself (from the pacenotes) where the road lays when not in sight, and just going for it. Judgement! :)

Spokster said.

I don't particularly like the Monte Carlo stages as I just can't drive them well at all. The stage design itself is very very good and a real challenge, I just can't really get to grips with them. 

Agree, I recently started using them a lot more (because I'd learnt the others too well) and the stages are superb (pity you can't go over the top of the Turini though).

Really like the snowy/icy sections in particular and would love to see another Monte stage in future.