Jump to content Jump to content

What's your favorite stage?

FloatingGrass

So the other day after booting up DR I craved a certain stage, yet I didn't know the name. After trial and error, I found my favorite stage, and soared through it in the 205.

So, which is your favorite special stage and why? I'll start off with Pomona Ekrixi, simply becasue of the two collosal jumps at the start.

Wales - Bidno Moorland Reverse (because of the long bend in the beginning (can slide through it, it's awesome),
the long straights in the open grassland and the tight forest roads.

I also quite like Greece - Kathodo Leontiou because it has a lot of different surprising corners, cliffs and hairpins.

• 3 weeks later...
I guess the worst stages would be one of the Greek stages, since there are some stages which are totally covered by trees on both sides, makes it hard to know when and where the corner starts, also the small roads and huge bumps on the side of the roads make it my nemesis atm. But I pretty much like most stages.

ps: It comes to my attention that nobody so far mentioned any stage from Monaco, kinda weird :yum: 

I like Monaco, especially the ice/snow parts. But I prefer gravel, so it's not #1 for me. I'd expect most tarmac fans to prefer Germany, which is closer to a street racing track. I guess Monaco is somewhere in the middle for most players.

Wales seems to be overall favourite though. Is there a poll about which location is best, actually?

Spokster said:
I guess the worst stages would be one of the Greek stages, since there are some stages which are totally covered by trees on both sides, makes it hard to know when and where the corner starts, also the small roads and huge bumps on the side of the roads make it my nemesis atm. But I pretty much like most stages.

ps: It comes to my attention that nobody so far mentioned any stage from Monaco, kinda weird :yum: 
Yea. Trees on both sides, downhill with blind corners. It's really hard.

There's one of the stages in Wales with alot of bumps and rough edges along side a ridge. I've died there several times.

Spokster said:
there are some stages which are totally covered by trees on both sides, makes it hard to know when and where the corner starts
Pacenotes and guts. Rally drivers will tell you the same :P 
While I do agree with you, I have bad experiences with guts, if I try to cut and keep flooring it, I will end up in a ditch, I'll play it safe, no need for first place anyway.

Spokster said:
Spokster said:
there are some stages which are totally covered by trees on both sides, makes it hard to know when and where the corner starts
Pacenotes and guts. Rally drivers will tell you the same :P 
While I do agree with you, I have bad experiences with guts, if I try to cut and keep flooring it, I will end up in a ditch, I'll play it safe, no need for first place anyway.
Guts doesn't only mean flooring it at unnecessary times, it also means judging for yourself (from the pacenotes) where the road lays when not in sight, and just going for it. Judgement! :)

Spokster said.

I don't particularly like the Monte Carlo stages as I just can't drive them well at all. The stage design itself is very very good and a real challenge, I just can't really get to grips with them. 

Agree, I recently started using them a lot more (because I'd learnt the others too well) and the stages are superb (pity you can't go over the top of the Turini though).

Really like the snowy/icy sections in particular and would love to see another Monte stage in future.

Archived