Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your favorite stage?

My Favourite is Monaco - Pra d'Alart and it's respective uphill halves, i don't know why, but i just FLY through it without practice. Launch and go. Besides that, Greece sneaks in 2nd place, with various stages for various moods.

Spokster said:
Spokster said:
there are some stages which are totally covered by trees on both sides, makes it hard to know when and where the corner starts
Pacenotes and guts. Rally drivers will tell you the same :P 
While I do agree with you, I have bad experiences with guts, if I try to cut and keep flooring it, I will end up in a ditch, I'll play it safe, no need for first place anyway.
Guts doesn't only mean flooring it at unnecessary times, it also means judging for yourself (from the pacenotes) where the road lays when not in sight, and just going for it. Judgement! :)
Yeah I know what you mean, my Judgement in corners has always been bad especially in Greece. I'll work on it :wink: 

Spokster said.

ps: It comes to my attention that nobody so far mentioned any stage from Monaco, kinda weird :yum: 
I don't particularly like the Monte Carlo stages as I just can't drive them well at all. The stage design itself is very very good and a real challenge, I just can't really get to grips with them. 
Haha "get to grips" funny since stages contain ice, made me laugh, lol!

Don't know the trackname but the stage in Germany that starts in the beautiful forest and ends with the long jump.

Pant Mawr reverse because jumps and fast corners. Especially at night the speed just feels awesome. I recommend to try it unless you already have.

Snaky115 said:
My Favourite is Monaco - Pra d'Alart and it's respective uphill halves, i don't know why, but i just FLY through it without practice. Launch and go. Besides that, Greece sneaks in 2nd place, with various stages for various moods.
I absolutely dominate one of the mostly snow/ice stages in Monaco against Master AI (the one without any real 'stopping from high speed' hairpins), easily 20 seconds up on a good run when I'm normally +/-2 secs to that damn German. I love the kit cars in the snow.

Spokster said:
Spokster said:
Spokster said:
there are some stages which are totally covered by trees on both sides, makes it hard to know when and where the corner starts
Pacenotes and guts. Rally drivers will tell you the same :P 
While I do agree with you, I have bad experiences with guts, if I try to cut and keep flooring it, I will end up in a ditch, I'll play it safe, no need for first place anyway.
Guts doesn't only mean flooring it at unnecessary times, it also means judging for yourself (from the pacenotes) where the road lays when not in sight, and just going for it. Judgement! :)
Yeah I know what you mean, my Judgement in corners has always been bad especially in Greece. I'll work on it :wink: 
Well you can be forgiven for struggling on Greece, because it's pretty unforgiving in itself!