Sign in to follow this  

Braking technique

Posted (edited)

Guys, I was wondering what could be the best approach on braking through the fast corners of the likes of Suzuka (Spoon), Albert Park and most notably Turns 1-2-3-4 of Shanghai and Beausset (Turn 11) at Paul Ricard.

1. Do you brake with a single tap and turn the corner?

or

2. Do you brake with multiple taps while turning through the corner?

Edited by StoicSouthpaw

Posted (edited)

It realy depends on how your break and assist setup is. Breaking in fast corners is mostly a tab on the break or just lift the throttle at the right time or tab the throttle. Its practice, practice, practice!!

Edited by Game4ce

Posted (edited)

It’s all about touch/tap braking and accelerating for the the big donut turns like at Shanghai, just ride the speed bump on the inside, keep touching The throttle off and on as you break off on  that’s how you get it done, brake-accelerate, brake, accelerate repeatedly, all about practice and really what works for you individually, all about preference, but as far as breaking in general, 90 percent of the time I use the touch/tap technique, not full on the break unless I have no choice, it makes it a lot easier to perceive and make a judgement on the corner coming up as you break without losing too much speed and getting f’d if you break too early and it safe guards you from breaking too late and slamming the breaks at the last second and going into the wall. Very few corners do I use the slam the brake technique.

Edited by Verlappen

For fast corners just hold the throttle and tap the brake simultaneously so you don't drop revs or lose too much speed.

You guys are awesome. I just let the guy in front of me do the brakIng and turning for me by using him as a reflector as you ram into it. Haha

JK! Remember the number of taps of brake on each corner of every tracks. Practice and find what works best for you, depending on your car setup

Guys I almost always have a red sector at Sector 2 of both Sakhir and Shanghai. Notice that there are quite a few slow corners and fast straights followed by heavy braking zones.

Anything you'd like to suggest? Is it possible might be braking too hard?