Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

add tape/spectators on moorlands.

many areas on the moorlands are cutable.why cant we just have spectators and tape added each side of the road ?

this would stop main cutting on bidno moorland and sweet lamb instantly.

dgeesi0 said:
many areas on the moorlands are cutable.why cant we just have spectators and tape added each side of the road ?

this would stop main cutting on bidno moorland and sweet lamb instantly.
Don't worry, the team already know about this issue. It's just a matter of time and waiting for it to be fixed at the moment, but it is on the 'to do' list.

Not that I ever intend to cheat. But more through over zealous driving I have probably cut the odd corner from time to time. Not that I recon any of the cuts I made increased  my time at all. But is the odd corner cut so bad (Whith in in reson obviously ). Colin was great at finding little spots he could gain a couple of hundreds  of seconds or even the odd second in some cases. 

I think I would rather see a time penalty or some tree stumps or something to slow things up. Tape is useless because you can just drive  through it and barriers would look so wrong. I would rather not feel like is was playing track mania. 

Barnestah said:
I think I would rather see a time penalty or some tree stumps or something to slow things up. Tape is useless because you can just drive  through it and barriers would look so wrong. I would rather not feel like is was playing track mania. 
yes but they could add penalty to touching tape. so add tape on both sides of road while you in that section = no cuts.basically times on bidno,sweet lamb are pretty screwed by it.other tracks aswell.

dgeesi0 said:
basically times on bidno,sweet lamb are pretty screwed by it.other tracks aswell.
Well my time on Sweet lamb is the quickest, and I didn't cut. So I will have to disagree with you on that one!

I've never really cut the stage so either way it's fine, I listen to my co-driver and follow the road, why would you cheat anyway? I think rallying itself is fun, why cheat?

I have not really noticed many areas my self apart from I think sweet lamb. I agree that any significant time reducing cuts should be found and fixed. But in a way that doesn't make the game look or feel false. If you get my meaning. 

the moor cut destroys as times on the tracks you can do it.

pork its quicker thats why people do it. also people are tweaking cfgs now with grip and so on this needs locking down.or all times are pointless.

dgeesi0 said:
the moor cut destroys as times on the tracks you can do it.

pork its quicker thats why people do it. also people are tweaking cfgs now with grip and so on this needs locking down.or all times are pointless.
Do you even read what other people write? The leaderboard does not accept times with altered cfgs.

You make it sound like half the leadeboard are cheaters.

lets not get dramatic about it. i never said half are cheating. but some are. the fact that those that do cheat are easily seen kind of makes it even worse. how do you know what is and isn't accepted ? top of most dailys is a cheat .

people are modifying cfgs.

its not a witch hunt but silly short cuts need to be fixed and cheats removed. 99.9 percent on here are legit.which i have no issue with. so lets not lose our panties about it. okay.

dgeesi0 said:

people are modifying cfgs.

Testing seems to indicate modifying cfgs doesn't allow times to be logged. Which is as it should be - modification should be allowed for offline play, just not for online comps.

As long as your cfg matches that of the server 100% to record times, that's all it needs.

@RodgerDavies is correct. Modified cfg times aren't accepted. I'd love to know what that Sylwesterp is doing though to get his times. 

@RodgerDavies is correct. Modified cfg times aren't accepted. I'd love to know what that Sylwesterp is doing though to get his times. 
My guess is cutting. It's the only way he could slap us about in Greece like that with a minute per stage.

My guess is cutting. It's the only way he could slap us about in Greece like that with a minute per stage.
Didn't he set some unreal times on Monte as well? There is no way you could cut on those stages is there?

probably using a insane grip hack.or speed hack . maybe modified from the ones of dirt 3 or likes.youtube it.

im wondering if the devs are just crunching his data watching him and seeing how hes doing it.no doubt though if one is more is.