Project cars 3.

37 minutes ago, Martinio32 said:

Well, this is what I wrote days ago, that if Codemasters touches anything and any production today, it will be a big disappointment for everyone.  Many players are already returning PC3 because it is completely different, not a simulator anymore.  WRC 9 comes around the corner and it looks like a very successful rally game with Toyota Corolla WRC !!!  on board, it is and there will be better rally simulator like DR and DR2.0 together.  Now the question is whether the WRC promoter will consider even if it was really worth it with this WRC license for Codemasters, because today they do arcade races and destroy other titles like PC3.

Wait a sec, just slow down here! 🙂

How do we know this was Codemaster's doing? PCARS 3 was I believe well into production before Codies purchased SMS. Perhaps they bought the studio because they liked the expertise and tech in that studio?

And you will not find a better rally sim than DR2.0, period. You would have to go back to RBR + mods, and even then prepare to be disappointed as the resolution of surface is nowhere the level of 2.0

WRC8 has mediocre physics, and the damn thing runs at only 30fps even on the Xbox One X. Same deal with WRC9.

Codies are heroes to rally sim enthusiasts for what they have done, rescued the genre from oblivion. In circuit racing, they know they can't be Kunos or Rfactor's devs, nor can they compete with Forza's budget and marketing. so they have to forge their own path forward.

• Agree 2

PC3 is what it is due to the design decisions took on the whiteboard during the pre-development stages. It makes no sense to link its shortcomings to Codemasters as the SMS acquisition came on November 2019, way too late to shift a whole project direction.

It's been linked by @ragequit1 already an interview by SMS' founder Ian Bell from 2018 stating that PC3 would be the spiritual successor for NFS Shift.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, marioho said:

PC3 is what it is due to the design decisions took on the whiteboard during the pre-development stages. It makes no sense to link its shortcomings to Codemasters as the SMS acquisition came on November 2019, way too late to shift a whole project direction.

It's been linked by @ragequit1 already an interview by SMS' founder Ian Bell from 2018 stating that PC3 would be the spiritual successor for NFS Shift.

It really is such a shame.

These games are ten a penny, what PC2 offered is basically unique in console gaming.

We'll see in time but it seems a remarkably poor business decision from SMS and I wonder what CM thought about it given it's now a direct competitor to Grid in an already crowded market. 

Ironically the game still does not feature a custom championship mode, glaringly absent form PC2, a mode which even Grid features!

Very sad day for sim racing fans on home console. 

Edited by KNT2011

On 8/26/2020 at 11:32 AM, Jake Cushing said:

Wait a sec, just slow down here! 🙂

How do we know this was Codemaster's doing? PCARS 3 was I believe well into production before Codies purchased SMS. Perhaps they bought the studio because they liked the expertise and tech in that studio?

And you will not find a better rally sim than DR2.0, period. You would have to go back to RBR + mods, and even then prepare to be disappointed as the resolution of surface is nowhere the level of 2.0

WRC8 has mediocre physics, and the damn thing runs at only 30fps even on the Xbox One X. Same deal with WRC9.

Codies are heroes to rally sim enthusiasts for what they have done, rescued the genre from oblivion. In circuit racing, they know they can't be Kunos or Rfactor's devs, nor can they compete with Forza's budget and marketing. so they have to forge their own path forward.

I saw many gameplays from WRC9 and reviews from testing versions. WRC9 it's similar to WRC8 but better with much smoother gameplay and better technically bumps with landing. Codies they was a masters of Sim / arcade rally games until now when WRC9 it's on the top level in rally games. Preordered version deluxe WRC9 ( with Toyota Corolla WRC!!! Bonus car ) so safter Sunday I can give realistic feedback how Codies looks today in rally world games. Anyway after gameplays and reviews I believe that WRC9 it's much more better from DR 2.0. RBR it's alive only by Mods.

Worth noting here for anyone interested, in the end I just couldn't enjoy this game. 

Sony have given me a refund on the full cost of pre-order. 

I wasn't expecting that at all, so it might be worth if you're on PS4 to fire them a refund request over. 

• Like 1

Can we have a PCARS tech support thread? I don’t want to use the SMS forums because I’m allergic to toxicity

Posted (edited)

PCARS3 has many bugs and I don't recommend to buy it, at least until we see all those issues fixed, If you already bought the game, do a refund and wait 5 months to see if its ok.

Edited by LottaLava
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

lol

So what do y' all think of PC3 now ?

Also watching video's a lot of content is just copy pasted from PC2 while having less content then PC2.

PC3 being a "early access" game costing $125 cdn for deluxe is unfathomably expensive, i won't pay to be a beta tester.

Will wait till this game is out of early access with a "complete" edition.

Other then that i don't mind the direction PC3 is in but it should have another name like "PC shift" or something of the like !

I don't know how this will play out but if they follow what xbox is doing with "free" upgrades to series X in graphics then PC3 "may" very well look much better after leaving early access.

Question is will we have to pay a fee for those "enhancements" ?

If i need to pay more i give up on this series altogether if i get a xbox version.

Also, why isn't this a xbox one X "enhanced" title ? pc2 was.

i am still Bitter about greed 2019 & haven't played it for like 6 months, the season 3 was skimped on having a additional track.

i remember they said there would be 4 tracks for the 3 seasons & we got just 3.

Yes, i won't forget that cause $$ doesn't grow in my wallet.

Edited by OugaBooga
more needed

So, with PC3 they actually made it seem like Grid was good, right? Or at least, better than this one... is truly unbelievable how CMs reputation fell down to pieces as hard.

Btw, Dirt 5 looks like a reskin of Grid 5 in mud/snow races. It will surely run like **** on base consoles, just like Grid did.

I think is time to move on, people. CM seriously needs to get back on track, as it is just spinning around since last year. And with new Forza and Gran Turisno games around the corner, they really need to do something good and fast. PC3 is not helping. 

Just by the early looks, it will die as fast as Grid.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Leocp said:

So, with PC3 they actually made it seem like Grid was good, right? Or at least, better than this one... is truly unbelievable how CMs reputation fell down to pieces as hard.

Btw, Dirt 5 looks like a reskin of Grid 5 in mud/snow races. It will surely run like **** on base consoles, just like Grid did.

I think is time to move on, people. CM seriously needs to get back on track, as it is just spinning around since last year. And with new Forza and Gran Turisno games around the corner, they really need to do something good and fast. PC3 is not helping. 

No

If you actually read the post about this game on GTPlanet, you should already know that PC3 was going to be an arcade game. That was back in 2018, a year before Codemasters bought SMS.

Also, the number of people unaware (or refusing to know) that the DiRT series started out as an arcade game is laughable. It wasn’t always DiRT Rally, you know

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Codemasters! Before you start developing a new pseudo simulator, consider these results. It's very sad that the real simulator has been turned into a buggy arcade game.

image.png.0617bbb6a18be678c50afcfabe65a837.png 

Edited by BorisK66

@BorisK66 Codemasters had nothing to do with PC3 development. The whole thing was decided upon and made by SMS before the acquisition.

You could read the topic for links and better explanations.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
On 8/28/2020 at 7:16 PM, Leocp said:

well, both games draw heavily from their predecessors but the GRiD is at least more redesigned game. unfortunately the simplified fast racing formula without a career was too much of a surprise. seasons have improved a content but it was too late i think. however, you can see that graphically the GRiD was not at all backward, as was sometimes suggested comparing to Autosport, and what's more, it did not have such technical problems, it is a rather problem-free title on consoles and PCs.

also the same as in PCARS3 the focus was on the driving model and the new GRiD has one of the best at the moment for gamepad and wheel, when PCARS has been moved from the steering wheel experienced user to the arcade gamepad casual players and it was met with a wave of discontent in some of the PCARS2 community, though it doesn't seem like such a bad move. unfortunately the content is largely simply copied from PCARS2 and selling it as an brand new AAA game is controversial. 

maybe that is why in reliable reviewers the GRiD received strong 8 where PCARS3 was rated weak 6

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/10/08/grid-review-5

https://www.ign.com/articles/project-cars-3-review

I would not have blamed Codemasters here because, from what you can read, the current PCARS3 project was born in SMS before the studio was taken over. the game looks like the designer assumed it https://twinfinite.net/2020/06/project-cars-3-driveclub/

I was very happy that Dirt 5 looks like the GRiD clone project with different content and other activities. the GRiD driving model is great and I have a lot of fun playing it. if this title simply extends the content of such a simple jump&race formula to include fancy rally races, I am very happy for it and I'm already collecting money to buy it soon 🙂

Edited by minetti
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, marioho said:

@BorisK66 Codemasters had nothing to do with PC3 development. The whole thing was decided upon and made by SMS before the acquisition.

You could read the topic for links and better explanations.

I know it. 🙂I'm talking about future motorsport games.

Posted (edited)
On 8/26/2020 at 4:35 AM, Jake Cushing said:

Good Lord. Well thanks for the heads up! 

Visual damage only at this stage, so the visual damage does not decrease the performance of your car.

4 PROJECT CARS 3 DODGE CHALLENGER Damage copy.jpg

6 PROJECT CARS 3 DODGE CHALLENGER Damage copy.jpg

Edited by MDGourley

Posted (edited)

What I think, if PCARS 3 became a failure Ian Bell will close SMS and start another company. And this game will became an example of "we warned you".

Edited by LottaLava

Posted (edited)

It's a tragedy for the series

Handling with a controller was already perfectly fine in PCARS 2

And on the consoles at least, PCARS 2 was the best circuit racer you could get. Realistic, amazingly immersive, fantastic visual options, huge amount of content. And a smooth 60fps, unlike ACC.

What could have been, if they had further refined the graphics and added more content...

Now I just do not see any recovery for the series back to a serious, grand sim. It's really sad.

Edited by Jake Cushing
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/26/2020 at 6:15 AM, KNT2011 said:

What I don't understand is the business case for this. 

It's basically Grid, which is basically Forza, etc. It's sure to fail? 

i don't know if it will be a failure but i do know there's no way i'll pay anywhere near full price.

i think at least 1/2 of the negative reviews would be removed if it was called something other like lets say Project Arcadia or Project Nu cars.

i don't think most people expected it to be as different as it is.

Yeah i know Bell said it would be more arcade & a XP bar was a big give away.

Edited by OugaBooga

9 hours ago, MDGourley said:

Visual damage only at this stage, so the visual damage does not decrease the performance of your car.

4 PROJECT CARS 3 DODGE CHALLENGER Damage copy.jpg

6 PROJECT CARS 3 DODGE CHALLENGER Damage copy.jpg

Yeah sorry, being in the cockpit I hadn't actually noticed the visual 'damage' at the time of writing. 

I know I took someone out in a GT race at Monza at the second chicane and he just kept right on trucking. 

Also ran a few laps in Indycar at Indy and cars flying off but no one stopping was just like a kick to the heart lol. 

Refunded now, very disappointing experience. 

I am such a dumb fool, i ll be honest i bought impulsief the luxe version of Project cars 3 for 99,99 euro, because i had Project CARS 1 and that looked good only iam not such a sim fan

so i passed Project Cars 2 but i have friends who like sim and they told me all the positive stuff about Project Cars 2, but long story short that and the news that PROJECT CARS 3 would become more arcade made the impulsive buy action but omg what are the graphics bad for example Brand Hatch verry weird kinda light stripes on the road and cars, then suddenly it becomes real realy dark. buildings. grass . bushes popps up when you drive along. it loks just soooooooo bad, on the other things i havent much to say as an arcade boy, but pfff what a waste of money. i did it AGAIN bah

9 minutes ago, 053 said:

I am such a dumb fool, i ll be honest i bought impulsief the luxe version of Project cars 3 for 99,99 euro, because i had Project CARS 1 and that looked good only iam not such a sim fan

so i passed Project Cars 2 but i have friends who like sim and they told me all the positive stuff about Project Cars 2, but long story short that and the news that PROJECT CARS 3 would become more arcade made the impulsive buy action but omg what are the graphics bad for example Brand Hatch verry weird kinda light stripes on the road and cars, then suddenly it becomes real realy dark. buildings. grass . bushes popps up when you drive along. it loks just soooooooo bad, on the other things i havent much to say as an arcade boy, but pfff what a waste of money. i did it AGAIN bah

what version you have ?  ps4, xobx or PC  ?

i hear the base non pro / non X version of the game don't look as good as PC.

maybe switch to PC

Posted (edited)

the images posted by @MDGourley give real hope 🙂 I read his opinion and got the impression that the game is a lot of fun. let's be patient 😉  we'll see what the updates bring

Edited by minetti
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, OugaBooga said:

what version you have ?  ps4, xobx or PC  ?

i hear the base non pro / non X version of the game don't look as good as PC.

maybe switch to PC

PS4 i switch from PC to PS4 when the PS4 came out, for me it looks like the PS4 base version which i have cant handle the game

The game looks to heavy for it, replays look blurry, or when you are in a pack of cars on some circuits it stutters.

Grid 2019 looks allot better then PC CArs 3 on the base PS4, that says enough