F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Project cars 3.

Now codemasters has acquired SMS along with the rights to pcars2. 

Will we start to see Ian bell posting on here. 

After all SMS and pcars3 are codemasters now. 

Will we get latest news about pcars3 on the codemasters forum. 

Watching the pcars3 advertising clip don't fill me or pcars2 leagues with much hope.

I have a sneaky feeling that we might just might get an update for pcars2  yes pcars2.  Which potentially could ruin current game. 

How things have been going on this last year nothing surprises me. 

We say how fantastic project cars2 is . Codemasters then buys SMS and only wants the rights to pcars2. 

We say about 3 days early access f12019 on the ps4  

Now you can't preorder on PSN to get 3 days early access..

Now we get pcars3  and it sounds very similar to Grid 2019.

No sim game should ever include  having to buy the  cars after you've spent £50 buying the game..

And for pcars3. A huge effort has been promoted for controllers  NOT FOR WHEELS. 

Obviously I didn't know the answers to the above but I do know for a fact.  Project cars2 has a massive league following around the world. 

If that's blown apart then theres not alot of hope for pcars3. 

For me Project Cars is dead on Codemasters hands... Sadly but this game will be a joke in 3rd edition by Codemasters. Now I'm worry about future WRC made by Codemasters. Something goes totally wrong with this at all.

• Agree 1

I hope not.

Codemasters didn't blow 30 million pounds just to kill off pcars franchise. 

.theres a huge sim league community for pcars2 on ps4 and PC.

Those communities have got bigger and bigger over 3 years. 

Gt planet.  And SMS pcars forum are just 2 .

So I sincerely hope they don't mess up pcars3. 

Just think we have grid 2019 lol. So we don't want pcars3 alias grid .

On 6/16/2020 at 12:58 PM, Martinio32 said:

For me Project Cars is dead on Codemasters hands... Sadly but this game will be a joke in 3rd edition by Codemasters. Now I'm worry about future WRC made by Codemasters. Something goes totally wrong with this at all.

As far as I understand Codies had nothing to do with the planning of Project CARS 3, and SMS are continuing as their own studio, which just happens to be owned by Codies.

The game is significantly more done than what could've been done in half a year... especially with all the tracks 🙂 

• Agree 1

The direction PC3 is going is NOT Codemaster's decision. SMS CEO Ian Bell in this 2018 interview already said, that PC3 will be a spiritual successor of Need for Speed Shift.

https://www.teamvvv.com/news/project-cars-3-will-be-more-of-a-spiritual-successor-to-nfs-shift/

By the way, the project cars community constantly dumped on the game, it was almost impossible to please them.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Can´t wait for this game... I really liked Shift 2 but not that much its driving model... 🙂

Edited by Ak1504
  • Agree 1

Fingers crossed pcars3 will be absolutely perfect. 

Ok lol 

As long as it an evolution of pcars2 then I am happy and it doesn't take a lot to keep me happy ( seriously  or not ) 

I've installed assetto corsa competizione but I haven't had time to try it .what with work and Racing in our leagues and my friends leagues. 

If ACC is not as it should be then I will buy it on steam and see the difference. 

We have been told that on base and pro ps4 only difference will be FPS 30 or 60.

And TBH when your Racing in 2 hour Racing the last thing I notice is wether its running 30 0r 60 FPS 

But regarding project cars 3 (  pcars3)  I do hope its good. 

If not people will just keep on pcars2  and once the initial excitement calms down for pcars3 it then wont sell .

Pcars2 has continued to sell since 2017 and it was obvious when codemasters bought SMS they were only interested in the physics tyre model of 1 game. 

PROJECT CARS 2 = 30 million. 

If you wanted codemasters I could have got you the physics model almost for free. 

Simracing are in fact just game. You basically just study the track layout & braking point.

Trail braking is basically arcade in those & not quite a good representation in how you should. Also the type of racing line you should take is not the fastest way you do in the sim than what you would do in real life. What's great in a simulator is it reduce greatly reduce the learning curve, but it also suck, because you don't actually play with the car. Going for top time in that genre is kind of stupid in a nutshell, especially with certain types of cars.

You can play being the engineer, but it's not documented by the community. It's definitely fun, but there's always that barrier of people taking it too far that you shouldn't learn it.

Adding specific target & reward is the way to go in my honest opinion. I approve SMS direction.

Posted (edited)
On 6/24/2020 at 5:23 AM, senna94f1 said:

Fingers crossed pcars3 will be absolutely perfect. 

Ok lol 

As long as it an evolution of pcars2 then I am happy and it doesn't take a lot to keep me happy ( seriously  or not ) 

I've installed assetto corsa competizione but I haven't had time to try it .what with work and Racing in our leagues and my friends leagues. 

If ACC is not as it should be then I will buy it on steam and see the difference. 

We have been told that on base and pro ps4 only difference will be FPS 30 or 60.

And TBH when your Racing in 2 hour Racing the last thing I notice is wether its running 30 0r 60 FPS 

But regarding project cars 3 (  pcars3)  I do hope its good. 

If not people will just keep on pcars2  and once the initial excitement calms down for pcars3 it then wont sell .

Pcars2 has continued to sell since 2017 and it was obvious when codemasters bought SMS they were only interested in the physics tyre model of 1 game. 

PROJECT CARS 2 = 30 million. 

If you wanted codemasters I could have got you the physics model almost for free. 

Sadly PC3 is a disaster, confirmed no pit stops now, so you can't set mandatory pit stops to replicate endurance racing/gt racing etc. Also confirmed no fuel or tyre wear. Also confirmed your tyre 'magically' change to suit weather conditions on track. Its a total disaster im so angry I won't be buying it

Edited by TomAAA

23 hours ago, TomAAA said:

Sadly PC3 is a disaster, confirmed no pit stops now, so you can't set mandatory pit stops to replicate endurance racing/gt racing etc. Also confirmed no fuel or tyre wear. Also confirmed your tyre 'magically' change to suit weather conditions on track. Its a total disaster im so angry I won't be buying it

Yes I heard it today. 

When I banged on here for 2 years how great pcars2 was then suddenly codemasters got there grubby paws on SMS. 

BUT IF YOU CHECK INTO THIS.

Codemasters only wanted pcars2 and codemasters now name this as there own game. 

If pcars3 is with no pits no fuel then the top person at codemasters has made SMS a laughing stock on purpose. 

And judging how certain staff treat customers on here .well just you wait for some silly update for pcars2 to completely spoil the game. 

I use to be proud of codemasters especially with the f1 games. 

But think of harbour sharks who are only interested in gullible teenagers. Them teenagers will in turn craze there parents to buy the crappy codemasters games. 

And just think of the gullible teenagers that opened brand new codemasters accounts in turn codemasters used them for f12020 beta.

Looking back its seriously funny and a bit sad tbh.

Well least ian has let us all know about pcars3 so we dont waste our money. 

I think that was Ian sticking two fingers up back at codemasters. 

🦽🦽🦽🦽🦽🦽🏎🏎🏎🤮🤮🤝

1 hour ago, senna94f1 said:

If pcars3 is with no pits no fuel then the top person at codemasters has made SMS a laughing stock on purpose.

Where did you get your source, it's Codemasters decision?

I live under a rock apparently based on many simracing source...

6 hours ago, MrDeap said:

Where did you get your source, it's Codemasters decision?

I live under a rock apparently based on many simracing source...

I don't think it's really possible that Codies caused whatever PC3 became... Especially as ragequit already said this

On 6/21/2020 at 7:22 PM, ragequit1 said:

The direction PC3 is going is NOT Codemaster's decision. SMS CEO Ian Bell in this 2018 interview already said, that PC3 will be a spiritual successor of Need for Speed Shift.

https://www.teamvvv.com/news/project-cars-3-will-be-more-of-a-spiritual-successor-to-nfs-shift/

By the way, the project cars community constantly dumped on the game, it was almost impossible to please them.

99% of the pcars1 and pcars2 community had asked for an evolution to pcars3. 

no pits no fuel and fairy tyres .

Over last 5 years the sim community's were asked what would they like in pcars3  

Safety car and possibly Jack spades wheel settings were asked on the wishlist. 

Actually the sim community wish list was not that big.

But pcars2 sim leagues community is huge.

I said when codemasters bought SMS  that was the death nell to pcars franchise. 

Codemasters are all about turning over high priced games that start off ok then become bug infested and you churn them over daily. 

What's strange is codemasters only wanted the rights to pcars2  

Maybe up100 you cant see the bigger picture but many of us can. 

And you say codemasters have no say with SMS  or what budget they are allowed .

Strange how pcars3 is in the usual codemasters format. 

Greed and profit over the quality. 

Just look at the f12020 beta. I didn't fuel that fire .

I've personally read hundreds and hundreds of comments over the no pits **** . And all that will attract is 5 or 10 laps arcade teenagers dive bombing. 

The same that were used for the beta and Barry's  personal f1 league. 

At 1st it was like a giant jigsaw puzzle. 

Once you put all the pieces together then the picture becomes clear.

Thank goodness for Assetto corsa competizione and pcars2 and dirty rally. Maybe f12019.

How much money is enough money.

My posts are not intended to upset and are not directed anyone and 99% written in good humour. 

I personally cant control how others read them  

Yeah, we have a big community here in Australia and the reception for PC3 has been lukewarm at best from our league racers. 

The most confusing thing is that PC2 just needed some tweaks / additions and adjustments to make it 'really' good as a PC3 instalment, and then optimised on PS5 to make it better again. 

The whole no pit stop decision just makes NO sense, especially when there was the option to turn it off already ! 

Codies and SMS could have had a console version of iRacing if they kept the guts of PC2 and adjusted the following

- Track limits

- New tracks and updates to the ones already there

- Simplification of pit options, so easier to do on the fly or at pit entry

- more tyre wear and fuel burn option to suit the length of race

- Livery editor 

- Up to 20 - 24 online when PS5 landed

PC2 had so many things going for it, with ACC now online (not without its issues as well) and a console arcade like GTS that hasnt changed much in the last 3 instalments, there was a real opportunity for PC3 to stand out from the crowd and draw in the casual racer and the guys looking for a little more in console  sim land... Such a shame