Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Game looks really hazy

Posted (edited)

One thing the game has added over the past 3 years is more realistic lighting which is great, but one of the side effects is the fact the game always looks hazy.

I watched both the Formula E esports and the F1 esports yesterday and while the F1 game had better graphics its always looks like they are racing in fog.

I really think codemastres should try and fix the haze issue that's been around the past 2 games and is still in F1 2020. 

Heres a good example this is what the e sports looked like in clear weather Baku, looks like fog lol

@RedDevilKT Can the team take a look at the haze in the upcoming F1 2020 game

Screenshot 2020-06-08 at 15.01.42.png

Compared to real life just some heat haze in the middle no fog style haze effect

racefansdotnet-20190428-142104-8.jpg

Edited by TomAAA
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 5

I absolutely agree. Game looks way too foggy, blurry. Have stated that before.

Completely agree, the haze is too far. The the art of the game did improve last year but the constant fog and haze is annoying. Views should get clearer in sunny weather surely?

That will be the simulated pollution from the f1 cars, formula E doesn't pollute so there is no haze. Can't say f12019 ain't a simulation. 😁

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, ChasteWand said:

That will be the simulated pollution from the f1 cars, formula E doesn't pollute so there is no haze. Can't say f12019 ain't a simulation. 😁

Most polluted current track is Shanghai. The worst have dropped off the calendar, Korea and India. No hint in those old games.

Sandstorms can get pretty grim in Abu Dhabi and Bahrain. And everyone's been to Silverstone for the GP and it's been that grim, and raining to be fair.

I Think the reason could be the weak hardware of consoles in our days. Maybe they could solve the Problem for the PC but i guess, for the consoles this fog is just a way to avoid detailed objects which are far away. I Think the Range of seeing detailed objects is something which depends on the Hardware.

On 6/10/2020 at 8:27 AM, DonBlanko said:

I Think the reason could be the weak hardware of consoles in our days. Maybe they could solve the Problem for the PC but i guess, for the consoles this fog is just a way to avoid detailed objects which are far away. I Think the Range of seeing detailed objects is something which depends on the Hardware. 

This makes sense but is disappointing either way. It was only added last year as far I can remember. Guess the new lighting system they introduced was resource intensive. I wish they would unlock it on PC though. I feel like these games are really lagging behind graphically these days.

I think the vegetation doesn't look that good either since the F1 2015 with the updated graphic engine. The trees looked better on the old titles F1 2010–F1 2014.

Posted (edited)

That's an EGO engine issue. All Codemaster racing games suffer from this.

They fixed the orange/brown tones by applying a lot of filters on top of the games. They may be able to fix that as well with some work, but I would expect a new engine for next gen to sort this out.

Edited by emori

@RedDevilKT Can you implement this color change at the hotel yas viceroy f1 2020 ? Another observation is that the circuit lights are on during the day. must be turned on during sunset