Jump to content Jump to content

A little Help, please

oldmodelt

I am currently having fun with GAS & F1 2013.  They have a few tracks in common.  I was running SPA (Belgium) last night comparing the F1 cars against the Indycar times.  But unfortunately I don’t have a quick tune feature in GAS to use for the IndyCar.  Is there somewhere I can get some tunes?

I'd be glad to try to help. What characteristics about your car are you looking to change? Oversteer? Understeer? Is it not hitting the top speeds you want on the straights? Etc.

As I'm sure you are aware, the physics & handling models in GRID AutoSport & the F1 games are a bit different, so we may not be able to match lap times at the same track(s) perfectly between the 2 games. But it might be fun to see how close we can get. :)

It's too bad that we rarely seem to be signed into Xbox Live at the same times. I regularly check (& send) Xbox Live text messages from my PC on the Xbox.com website. That's usually a good way to reach me more directly when I'm not on my Xbox 360.

Lots more oversteer but that's probably due to the fact that I'm driving the Indycar in "stock" condition.  Everything is set in the middle.  I'm sure there is a tune out there that will recreate an indycar type of feel.  I'm within 4-5 secs of the F1 Vodafone Merc though.

Sorry for asking for more clarification...

Do you want GRID AutoSport tune for an Indy car at Spa that feels something like an F1 2013 car at Spa?

Or do you want an F1 2013 tune for Spa that feels something like a GRID AutoSport Indy Car at Spa?

Or both?

Which game (F1 or GRID) are you currently faster at Spa in?

I can't remember if you've mentioned it before - do you game using a controller/game-pad, or a wheel? 
I used a controller, not a wheel - so any tune I come up with may not be agreeable to wheel users... heck, it may not even be agreeable to a lot of controller users. :)

That 4-6 sec difference is gone. My problem was just getting used to the IndyCar on SPA. I ran and just tweaked the downforce to +20 from something I saw on a YouTube video. The IndyCar is actually a little faster than my F1 2013 Vodafone.

Do you want GRID AutoSport tune for an Indy car at Spa that feels something like an F1 2013 car at Spa?

I guess I want a tune for the Indycar that would feel like an RL IndyCar.  If that makes sense. 

Nice talking to you tonight on the 360.  See you soon hopefully.

Archived