Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

F1 2020 on Windows 7 ?

Is F1 2020 gonna work on Windows 7 ? Theoretically, in the system requirements it is cleary stated, that the game is dedicated only for Windows 10, but on certain websites I read that: "DirectX 11 mode is likely included with F1 2020 to continue supporting OS' like Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1."

So what is the truth ? 

Edited by Simonodef

4 minutes ago, Simonodef said:

Is F1 2020 gonna work on Windows 7? Theoretically, in the system requirements it is cleary stated, that the game is dedicated only for Windows 10, but on certain websites I read that: "DirectX 11 mode is likely included with F1 2020 to continue supporting OS' like Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1."

So what is the truth ? 

Minimum and recommended spec is Windows 10.

You will be in a world of pain on Windows 7 because the OS is unsupported and so by definition is YOU running the game on W7, no obligation to solve because in fact if the issue is an underlying OS issue, there will be no fix.

There were issues in W7 game connectivity because of a deprecated protocol. I strongly advise that for security and compatibility you update to W10. 

YOU CAN DO THIS FOR FREE WITH THE MCT (use a 1909 version as there are stop / hold issues with 2004)

W8/8.1 is a dead end with driver development as it does not support DX12, so the OS is supported but the API isn't. So although drivers are released for DX11 they aren't always designed for W8/8.1. AMD and Nvidia in this respect still release W7/W10 drivers in 64-bit only.

Even though the game is marked as WIN 10 minimum, I can confirm that i does work OK on my windows 7 PC with a recent graphic card. There is no hard check at startup of the game and no graphic bug notice in the racing either.

Like in F1 2019 at the start you have the right to chose between DX 11 and DX12, if you choose DX11 all goes well :)