Sign in to follow this  

F1 2020 - Extra rotation in 1st gear

According to David Greco, extra rotation in lower gears will not be a thing in F1 2020. Although it is still present in the beta according to others: 

already good feedback it seems!

Interesting, very interesting. Definitely something that needed reworking and sounds like the input from the real F1 drivers has been invaluable for Codemasters.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, stephensmattlee said:

Interesting, very interesting. Definitely something that needed reworking and sounds like the input from the real F1 drivers has been invaluable for Codemasters.

Who would have thought 😁

• Like 1

I'd love to know if we'll ever get insight into the Jimmy Broadbent theory that Codies F1 games don't simulate downforce, just tyre grip that increases with speed. I always wondered why there were these weird mid corner slides when you're going fast enough that you should be glued to the track by aero and this seems a plausible explanation.

I get that the Codies F1 games are primarily about being accessible for casual players and not intended to be hardcore sims, but the more I go back and forth between F1 2019 and other racing titles, the more I start to wonder just how they wound up with something so far removed from actually driving an F1 car.