Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

THE RETURN OF IN-RACE COMMENTARY

With an option of course, but I would love it if the race your driving in has bits from David Croft and Martin Brundle like a certain driver is coming in this lap or at the start of the grand prix when all the action kicks off. Something like this would make the experience authentic and picture real life when fans tune into the race.

I also thought about it. But I Think they have to produce a lot of different Scripts for the commentary because in f1 so much different situations can happen. I Think it could be difficult to make it really immersive like we imagine it.

But maybe a commentary for the Highlights after the race could be cool Feature! Then its just about a few Minutes and the commentary just belongs to a Situation the game chooses. This would be much easier to script and would give a Feeling of a real backview of the race!

@BarryBL maybe CM could think about it in the Future? 🙂

But nevertheless i really would like to have the Option to turn on the introduce commentary and cutscenes before the race and Training sessions etc. Starts. It would be much more immersive for the Multiplayer too. Especially if the commentary would Name our choosen audio Name in Singleplayer.

The real drivers don't get to hear Martin Brundle or David Croft during a race, so I'm not sure how this would make it more "authentic".

• Agree 4

On 6/10/2020 at 7:06 AM, DonBlanko said:

I also thought about it. But I Think they have to produce a lot of different Scripts for the commentary because in f1 so much different situations can happen. I Think it could be difficult to make it really immersive like we imagine it.

But maybe a commentary for the Highlights after the race could be cool Feature! Then its just about a few Minutes and the commentary just belongs to a Situation the game chooses. This would be much easier to script and would give a Feeling of a real backview of the race!

@BarryBL maybe CM could think about it in the Future? 🙂

But nevertheless i really would like to have the Option to turn on the introduce commentary and cutscenes before the race and Training sessions etc. Starts. It would be much more immersive for the Multiplayer too. Especially if the commentary would Name our choosen audio Name in Singleplayer.

This. We are entering audionames and TLNs for career and I've never seen them used! Frustrating when your name is in there 😉

Posted (edited)

I can only pick “O’Neill”

Usually that’s reserved for my wife, would be odd hearing Crofty say it to me.

Edited by TeenierNeilb69
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, mscforever said:

how about a team radio messages from driver's own voices?

Could they take voices from a actual real life race quali and practice 

Edited by DANDREWTHOMSON

Something I would like to see is Codemasters have all the Sky sports presenting team in the game, just for the British version and then other presenting teams for other countries.

32 minutes ago, DANDREWTHOMSON said:

Could they take voices from a actual real life race quali and practice 

just like what did NBA 2K series...

look at the interviews at the end of quarters,at the end of matches...

real player/coach voices... a few words,a few sentences but..

looks good

If they don't scream like this...lol

when was playing this in the past, a lot of jumpscares :classic_laugh:

BTW, great commentators,

4 hours ago, EduCalza said:

If they don't scream like this...lol

when was playing this in the past, a lot of jumpscares :classic_laugh:

BTW, great commentators,

Somehow the colour scheme on this looks closer to real life than the current games!

The newest GRID game had actual announcers commentating on everything from overtakes to spins. Though I never got to hear it as I raced in cockpit mode 😅

• Like 1

Wind back 20 years. F1 99 had Murray Walker doing some commentary. Quite a bit of "I don't believe it, he's on the grass!!".