Worth getting F1 2019 now?

Hi,

Sony doing discount for F1 2019 again, it's $15.98 AUD for PS+ owners. I wonder if it's still worth getting it or best wait for 2020 version which is around the corner? It's not just about the money as $15 is nothing, but more about time investment.

Yea, I agree. It's around the corner, if it was a few months away, I'd say buy 2019. If you're going to invest time in the game then go with the newest version. 2020 

3 hours ago, Dzebas said:

Hi,

Sony doing discount for F1 2019 again, it's $15.98 AUD for PS+ owners. I wonder if it's still worth getting it or best wait for 2020 version which is around the corner? It's not just about the money as $15 is nothing, but more about time investment.

1 hour ago, Mike5500 said:

Yea, I agree. It's around the corner, if it was a few months away, I'd say buy 2019. If you're going to invest time in the game then go with the newest version. 2020 

F1 2019 is a really poor game, you'd get frustrated by the bugs and there's no chance of them ever getting fixed.

Might have some value for offline play, but you'd hit the same issues ultimately. I guess it's easier to swallow if you pay less than £10 (PC key) for what masquerades as a £65 title (console).

Posted (edited)

I must be lucky. I bought F1 2019 couple of months ago, and I'm doing a 100% career (I don't play other modes). I'm in Hungary at the moment (12th race of the season), driving for Alfa Romeo, and I haven't had any bugs. I'm enjoying it more than any previous CM F1 game so far.

So if you're only interested in career, well, I have no complaints at all. I very rarely use other modes, so maybe that's where the bugs reside.

Edited by Morsify
spelling
  • Agree 1

On 6/10/2020 at 8:31 AM, steviejay69 said:

F1 2019 is a really poor game, you'd get frustrated by the bugs and there's no chance of them ever getting fixed.

On the other hand, there's no reason to suspect F1 2020 will have any fewer bugs, but it will cost a lot more.

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, scottishwildcat said:

On the other hand, there's no reason to suspect F1 2020 will have any fewer bugs, but it will cost a lot more.

It is not for the want of trying 🙂