william.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Should add the new ones really:

merc.jpg

renault.jpg

william.jpg

These gonna be editable? 

Driver of the day cards incoming with increased stats - Yours for only 1500 F1 points each. Buy points on the steam store!

I gest but in seriousness, I'm worried this will lead to an F1 Ultimate Team. In FIFA's case this just led to the career mode being abandoned.

Posted (edited)

Lol how can bottas be 90 😵 and Ham 94? They must be including the car. Russel 75? Less then Stroll? Do you defs even wach F1? 

Edited by RPJ1984
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, RPJ1984 said:

Lol how can bottas be 90 😵 and Ham 94? They must be including the car. Russel 75? Less then Stroll? Do you defs even wach F1? 

Strolls Dad brought him 10 points

• Haha 3

Surely these have to be editable?

It’s so subjective that Codies can forget about not being able to please all the people. Fact is they will p**s off most of the people if they subject us to their personal opinions of the drivers. It’s bad enough they usually get the car performance order wrong, but now adding this layer in as well is just going to make for some very odd results!

Codies - appreciate what you’re trying to do here, but the only way this will work is to allow us each to edit these to our own views (and while you’re at it the car performance too please).

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

The last four teams have been revealed now as well. Some will cause some debate!

Sainz looks slightly underrated again but not as off as last year. Raikkonen has been sensibly nerfed but I'd question the Ferrari drivers.. overall scores are both lower than Bottas. Magnussen looks underrated compared to Grosjean too.

Screenshot_20200612-184409_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200612-184414_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Liaveil
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Liaveil said:

I'd say that's about right, honestly. The main difference between them is that Lewis is a more complete driver which is reflected in the stats.

Glad to see they're finally buffing Ricciardo to better reflect him.

I think right now the only stats I'd question are Russell's. Think they've done him dirty there and he should be at minimum at the same level as Albon or Ocon.

I'm now interested to see if they've finally buffed Sainz too and the Ferrari scores will no doubt stir debate!

Russell has been screwed over here. His pace is slower than Stroll, and Albon is just matching Stroll. In my opinion, they gave Stroll a lot of pace. They should nerf his pace to 80 or even below. Although this depends on how much impact “one point” has. If an additional point in pace gives like 0.3 seconds in lap time then that’s quite fair for Stroll in comparison to Perez. I expect Sainz to be near Ricciardo, maybe 86 or even 87. 

For Ferrari, that’s tough... I am interested on how much awareness they will give to them. If Verstappen gets 84 on awareness, then I expect similar for the Ferrari drivers. 

• Agree 1

I actually like this new addition. It will most likely be editable on PC.

12 hours ago, IronMeci said:

Vettel 89, Leclerc 86 and Bottas 90? Whaaaat?

Leclerc Vs Vettle purely down to experience. Leclerc is the better driver (their other stats reflect that) but has less experience thus lower overall.

Kimi's rating is grossly beefed up by the experience. Danny Ric is the same and whipes the floor with him in every category except exp

Is this real? Stroll has same pace as Raikkonen? You mean to tell me that one of the fastest guys in the last 10-15 years in his career has the same pace as Stroll? I get it Raikkonen is the oldest driver on the grid, but there is no way he should be level with Stroll on pace. Same goes for Sainz. 

• Agree 1

Why is 4 time world champion Sebastian Vettel rated lower than Bottas and that Belgian fraud?

Ratings seem less about driver and more about whatever team they're driving for again i just hope we can edit these outside of any in game training/improvements that can be applied in a career mode.

I still say this is a good addition overall it just needs tweaking or at least allow us the ability to tailor it to what we think is fairer.

• Agree 4

Without knowing how the ratings are calculated they are only guides. Clearly the Overall is not an average of the other ratings so the weighting of the actual skills matter. 

Posted (edited)

Personally I think most of the stats are pretty good, but there are a few that need tweaking.

I'd change the pace of a few: Raikkonen at 85, Sainz at 86 and swap Ricciardo and Bottas' around. I'd lower Kvyat to 82 and Stroll to 80.

Awareness for Bottas I'd drop to around 94 or 95. I'd also swap Magnussen and Grosjean's awareness/race craft.

Leclerc at 86 overall seems low but must remember his experience stat will be dropping it. His stats are good.

Edited by Liaveil

1 hour ago, Aef251 said:

Without knowing how the ratings are calculated they are only guides. Clearly the Overall is not an average of the other ratings so the weighting of the actual skills matter. 

This is correct because if it is an average then Hamilton is the highest followed by Vettel. Leclerc would be at 80 if we did the average. I am sure we will be getting more explanation on how the stats were given because some stats are quite controversial, mainly pace.. 

Posted (edited)

Hamilton generally performs and delivers under pressure better then Bottas,. if Bottas has an awareness of 99, Hamilton should be 100 this need's to be corrected Bottas will have an unfair advantage. and that is probably the reason Bottas finished 1rst in all the  new recent gameplays.

Hamilton should be 98 and Bottas 96 

Edited by Cap10
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Just thinking a bit differently here, could the awareness be another way of saying how tentative a driver is? Maybe Bottas’ awareness stat is so high because he knows/aware that he’s not as good in wheel fo wheel battle as Max and Lewis so that makes him more tentative/aware therefore less likely to throw one up the inside of the first corner in Monaco maybe. Awareness might be just a stat for the AI drivers knowing there own limitations maybe. Just a thought.

Edited by peanutt2000
Spelling

Posted (edited)

this is from OP he meant racing i believe instead of *going* this means car control in wheel to wheel battles or pushing. basically when a driver is under pressure 

The scores the drivers are given will then affect their on-track performances in the game, as well as helping players unlock certain features and technical upgrades.

So, what categories are the drivers scored on?

Experience – A higher experience score will help players collect a greater number of ‘Resource Points’, used in the game to buy car upgrades.

Racecraft – A higher racecraft score allow the driver to unleash more effective overtakes.

Awareness – A higher score here will mean the driver is less likely to lose control of their car when the going gets tough. 

Pace – Quite simply, the higher the pace score, the more rapid a driver will be throughout a race.

Edited by Cap10

On 6/11/2020 at 3:12 PM, BarryBL said:

Well....this is going to spark a debate or two!!!

Driver Ratings for F1® 2020 are now here, with some on the link below. The drivers, including those in the F2 category, are scored from 1-99 across four categories – Experience, Racecraft, Awareness and Pace – with those scores based on real-world data.

The scores the drivers are given will then affect their on-track performances in the game, as well as helping players unlock certain features and technical upgrades.

So, what categories are the drivers scored on?

Experience – A higher experience score will help players collect a greater number of ‘Resource Points’, used in the game to buy car upgrades.

Racecraft – A higher racecraft score allow the driver to unleash more effective overtakes.

Awareness – A higher score here will mean the driver is less likely to lose control of their car when the going gets tough.

Pace – Quite simply, the higher the pace score, the more rapid a driver will be throughout a race.

So that’s the scoring system explained – and below, we’ll be showing you the driver ratings for all 20 of the racers on the 2020 F1 grid. We start with the Red Bull, Racing Point and AlphaTauri pairings – and check back over the coming days as we reveal the scores for the rest of the drivers.

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Link here for Part One: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.revealed-driver-ratings-in-codemasters-new-f1-2020-game.7qbRlGNR5glUO9aRORmaKf.html?fbclid=IwAR0pNSlRNixomF97GrPtq054Wt9avhjdD780lC9IfLu1ZLOAHBoD-240Lm8

There are very good, codemasters have to stay in this way