Jump to content

F1® 2020 | Driver Ratings Announced Part One

Recommended Posts

If these driver statistics are the same system that has been implemented in the game previously but been hidden, it somewhat explains the "train effect in races." They are far too simplistic and "pace" is the most dominant stat.

To my mind there should be more stats for example, quali pace, race pace, dry pace, wet pace, street circuit pace, braking, overtaking, defence, errors, aggression, technical skill, car control, spare capacity (the ability to drive around problems), team player/line wolf...

Codemasters f1 games are too simplistic to accurately represent the high tech, high skill, high stakes world of f1.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ChasteWand said:

If these driver statistics are the same system that has been implemented in the game previously but been hidden, it somewhat explains the "train effect in races." They are far too simplistic and "pace" is the most dominant stat.

To my mind there should be more stats for example, quali pace, race pace, dry pace, wet pace, street circuit pace, braking, overtaking, defence, errors, aggression, technical skill, car control, spare capacity (the ability to drive around problems), team player/line wolf...

Codemasters f1 games are too simplistic to accurately represent the high tech, high skill, high stakes world of f1.

I don't think the stats are as detailed as you are saying, but they are definitely more complex than the 4 stats that are mentioned. This was said by Paul Jeal and Lee Mather, added by the fact that the averages of those numbers dont correspond with the overall rating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mouldy32 said:

Leclerc Vs Vettle purely down to experience. Leclerc is the better driver (their other stats reflect that) but has less experience thus lower overall.

Kimi's rating is grossly beefed up by the experience. Danny Ric is the same and whipes the floor with him in every category except exp

Leclerc vs Vettel it's right due to the experience like you said but Vettel vs Bottas not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IronMeci said:

Leclerc vs Vettel it's right due to the experience like you said but Vettel vs Bottas not. 

😂Bottas vs anyone is not

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Four categories is not enough. They should have a ratings system like on the Fifa games, where there are several categories and then sub-categories within them. Hopefully it will be better for next year's game.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Will those ratings be available for everybody or only for the real drivers?

Edited by Oli Prenten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to assume the F2 drivers will have ratings for My Team purposes. If not, an owner would be hiring someone at random. The classic car drivers could be all identical I suppose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tigergrow said:

I don't think the stats are as detailed as you are saying, but they are definitely more complex than the 4 stats that are mentioned. This was said by Paul Jeal and Lee Mather, added by the fact that the averages of those numbers dont correspond with the overall rating.

Can you not read?

I said the stats should be far more complex than they are in the screenshots, and added some suggestions as to what the could be.

Please reference your claims for the words of Jeal and Mather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ChasteWand said:

Can you not read?

I said the stats should be far more complex than they are in the screenshots, and added some suggestions as to what the could be.

Please reference your claims for the words of Jeal and Mather.

😂Someone get out the wrong side of bed?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright guys, I've spent the whole weekend figuring out how codies came up with those scores.
It was not easy but I did the math, it all works out and this must be the way.

 

d100.jpg

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess, which gets very close to the over all score for the drivers, is that pace is worth around 50%, race craft and awareness both around 20%, and experience worth around 10%. In most cases if you round down you get the over all score, in a few you need to round up, so the weights are not exactly right but seem close.

 

It gets me to within a point of every driver except Stroll who seems to be 1 point lower than the formula.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Oli Prenten said:

Will those ratings be available for everybody or only for the real drivers?

Do you mean to ask if you (the player) will also get a rating? If so, I think that was just confirmed in the trailer, under the contract screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

😂Someone get out the wrong side of bed?

On the contrary dear sir/madam, I asked a simple question, can TigerGrow read? If I'd got out of bed on the wrong side as you claim, I would have posted something far more cutting. I would consider your comment inflammatory and could be perceived as trolling, if you want to go down that road that is... Or did I get out of bed on the wrong side two days in a row? 😁

On 6/14/2020 at 10:04 AM, ChasteWand said:

If these driver statistics are the same system that has been implemented in the game previously but been hidden, it somewhat explains the "train effect in races." They are far too simplistic and "pace" is the most dominant stat.

To my mind there should be more stats for example, quali pace, race pace, dry pace, wet pace, street circuit pace, braking, overtaking, defence, errors, aggression, technical skill, car control, spare capacity (the ability to drive around problems), team player/line wolf...

Codemasters f1 games are too simplistic to accurately represent the high tech, high skill, high stakes world of f1.

Is the bold section above so hard to read and understand?

On 6/14/2020 at 10:35 AM, Tigergrow said:

I don't think the stats are as detailed as you are saying, but they are definitely more complex than the 4 stats that are mentioned. This was said by Paul Jeal and Lee Mather, added by the fact that the averages of those numbers dont correspond with the overall rating.

Please reference your claims. Just because you claim something Mather and Jeal say does not mean they actually said it...

Edited by ChasteWand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, ChasteWand said:

On the contrary dear sir/madam, I asked a simple question, can TigerGrow read? If I'd got out of bed on the wrong side as you claim, I would have posted something far more cutting.

Is the bold section above so hard to read and understand?

Please reference your claims. Just because you claim something Mather and Jeal say does not mean they actually said it...

I just said there are more stats, just not present on the cards and not for us to see.

Or are you saying there are more stats? Then I misinterpreted it.

And they stated those things in twitter responses to questions. Also the advertising on the official Formula 1 and F1 game twitter: "more complex maths".

 

Edited by Tigergrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Tigergrow said:

I just said there are more stats, just not present on the cards and not for us to see.

And they stated those things in twitter responses to questions. Also the advertising on the official Formula 1 and F1 game twitter: "more complex maths".

Again, empty words. Reference, ie link your proof.

Edited by ChasteWand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the only quote i can find on driver stats is

which doesn't give too many details on how everything is decided.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Thanks. 👍

Finally someone who understands a reference. Although it looks bad for TigerGrow and his claims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChasteWand said:

Again, empty words. Reference, ie link your proof.

 

Happy now?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ChasteWand said:

^ Thanks. 👍

Finally someone who understands a reference. Although it looks bad for TigerGrow and his claims.

It tells you more goes into making this than just 4 stats, doesn't it? That was your point after all.

But okay, I think I just worded my first reply poorly: just don't expect Fifa-like detail on the stats.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tigergrow said:

 

Happy now?

 

4 minutes ago, Tigergrow said:

It tells you more goes into making this than just 4 stats, doesn't it? That was your point after all.

But okay, I think I just worded my first reply poorly: just don't expect Fifa-like detail on the stats.

Thanks.

Unfortunately though nothing concrete on "more stats." More smoke and mirror advertising hyperbole that's says just about nothing. I'm not going to hold my breath on "unveil more insights into the calculations" or "updates during the season." I have been disappointed by codemasters fine words too many times to be optimistic! So needless to say I expect nothing, however on a more positive note, codemasters seem to have responded to the criticism of the handling model.

And thanks for the admission, fair play. ✌️

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thing is until the pc version is out and people can poke around the driver files we have no idea what hidden stats may be in there.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Tigergrow said:

 

Happy now?

I dont think he seems very happy full stop 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, at least we know that there is real engineering level complexity behind it. Because you can't use simple calculation to put Stroll's pace above Norris' and overall Bottas above Seb/Leclerc and on level with Max. :classic_biggrin:

I guess that's the part: "We tried to separate car and driver".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

I dont think he seems very happy full stop 😂

Just to clarify for you, happy with TigerGrow and his replies. Not that anyone asked for your opinion. 😁

Dissatisfied would be a more accurate description of my feelings towards codemasters f1 games. However I vote with my wallet, I only buy second hand copies of their games.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×