F1® 2020 | Driver Ratings Announced Part One

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, peanutt2000 said:

So can’t edit 😩

It seems like you cannot add the stats but players will get higher or lower stats over time. 
If you look the video (at the 7 min mark) of Tiametmarduk you can see Ricciardo is 88 when he starts at 87 and Norris is 78 when he starts at 79. 

It is also interesting to see Nick de Vries is in the game when he is not driving F1 or F2. This will say more drivers outside of F1 and F2 will be in the game. 🙂 

Also Tiametmarduk makes a good point. Why do we need to pay for paydrivers like Stroll and Latifi when we should get money from them.

Edited by RPJ1984

1 hour ago, RPJ1984 said:

It is also interesting to see Nick de Vries is in the game when he is not driving F1 or F2. This will say more drivers outside of F1 and F2 will be in the game. 🙂 

de Vries was in F2 in 2019. As this is F1 2020 season, it is normal to have F2 drivers from 2019 as a choice for a team. I think that on release we will have full F2 2019 grid to choose from, while F2 2020 will be added later.

Posted (edited)
On 6/15/2020 at 3:40 PM, Tigergrow said:

Do you mean to ask if you (the player) will also get a rating? If so, I think that was just confirmed in the trailer, under the contract screen.

Yes it is what I mean. I still don’t have the answer. :classic_mellow: I must be blind!

What I meant of course was a system like iR or ACC...

Edited by Oli Prenten

On 6/16/2020 at 11:03 AM, RPJ1984 said:

Also Tiametmarduk makes a good point. Why do we need to pay for paydrivers like Stroll and Latifi when we should get money from them.

Although they are drivers that come with substantial backing @RPJ1984 in real-life, the drivers will still have contracts with previous teams that need to be broken, and the drivers would still receive a salary.

Also, we're not quite at the level yet where if you sign Lance, you get Lawrence in your garage 😛. If we are talking about ultra-realism, in theory, Lance wouldn't move team at all because of his involvement and investment with Racing Point. Maybe in some version of the franchise in the future (unlikely tbh), but we'd want all the drivers available for you to recruit on MyTeam.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 4

So as I understand it, drivers get a boost to abilities from the team. So do the driver cards reflect the actual abilities, or the ability of the driver in the team?

On 6/18/2020 at 6:12 AM, BarryBL said:

Although they are drivers that come with substantial backing @RPJ1984 in real-life, the drivers will still have contracts with previous teams that need to be broken, and the drivers would still receive a salary.

Also, we're not quite at the level yet where if you sign Lance, you get Lawrence in your garage 😛. If we are talking about ultra-realism, in theory, Lance wouldn't move team at all because of his involvement and investment with Racing Point. Maybe in some version of the franchise in the future (unlikely tbh), but we'd want all the drivers available for you to recruit on MyTeam.

technically stroll only potential move in the game should be to Mercedes team. 

I don't like the statictics chosen, experience it's not super smart in how it's used, also it's just hampering the overall value of good drivers that happen to be young.

Here is my take on what stats we would need:

Pace-Simple enough

Consistency-How often the driver performs at his peak level, someone with high pace and low consistency would that driver that is often fast, but as just as often struggles.

Off/Def aggression- How decisive they are on their moves, most drivers should have similar values in Offensive/Defensive but i feel the need to split up for guys like Magnussen who isn't a big time overtaker but is quite "though shalt not pass" on the defensive, Ricciardo maybe the reverse of that...

Awareness/safety- How safe they are, how often they make mistakes, overall crash tendency, someone with high aggression and low awareness would be quite dangerous to be around, someone with both high, would "play rough" but respectful.

And lastly for my team benefits, i kinda of "Charisma/Popularity", how high profile the driver is, is he popular with sponsors/the public.

Posted (edited)

Bottas awareness 99 really why how?

Bottas had 5 mistakes/crashes/contacts under pressure when racing get's tough, only counted Qualy & Races as this is what matters and defines car control when a driver is under pressure.

vs Hamilton 3. 

2018 Bottas 6 vs Hamilton 1  

Bottas had a big crash in Qualy Australia and  2 contacts in Hungary race with Ricciardo and Vettel while battling, 1 contact in Mexico race with vettel 1rst lap, lock up while under pressure by raikkonen, mistake in Austin while under pressure by Vettel.

only in the last 2 seasons it's bottas 11 vs hamilton 4.

Hamilton as way much more car control when under pressure weather it's in qualy or in races not to mention all the battles he had wheel to wheel and avoided contacts compared to Bottas.   

also anyone remember bahrain 2016 bottas whiped out hamilton at the start in turn1.

Edited by Cap10
  • Agree 1

When Will we see ratings for F2 drivers, so we can start planning a bit more 👍😊

I know the admins and the codemasters team are busy adding people to week 3 of beta testing