F1® 2020 | Driver Ratings Announced Part One

Well....this is going to spark a debate or two!!!

Driver Ratings for F1® 2020 are now here, with some on the link below. The drivers, including those in the F2 category, are scored from 1-99 across four categories – Experience, Racecraft, Awareness and Pace – with those scores based on real-world data.

The scores the drivers are given will then affect their on-track performances in the game, as well as helping players unlock certain features and technical upgrades.

So, what categories are the drivers scored on?

Experience – A higher experience score will help players collect a greater number of ‘Resource Points’, used in the game to buy car upgrades.

Racecraft – A higher racecraft score allow the driver to unleash more effective overtakes.

Awareness – A higher score here will mean the driver is less likely to lose control of their car when the going gets tough.

Pace – Quite simply, the higher the pace score, the more rapid a driver will be throughout a race.

So that’s the scoring system explained – and below, we’ll be showing you the driver ratings for all 20 of the racers on the 2020 F1 grid. We start with the Red Bull, Racing Point and AlphaTauri pairings – and check back over the coming days as we reveal the scores for the rest of the drivers.

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Link here for Part One: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.revealed-driver-ratings-in-codemasters-new-f1-2020-game.7qbRlGNR5glUO9aRORmaKf.html?fbclid=IwAR0pNSlRNixomF97GrPtq054Wt9avhjdD780lC9IfLu1ZLOAHBoD-240Lm8

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, TheCroc84 said:

Will we be able to edit these ratings?

Driver training in your team is confirmed so yes. As for third party editing, I am guessing it will be possible on PC but not console. 

• Agree 2

Need one more entry, "Entertainment"

Ricciardo and Lando with numbers 99 😄 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, SingaporeTrackLizard said:

Driver training in your team is confirmed so yes. As for third party editing, I am guessing it will be possible on PC but not console. 

It needs to be an in-game option.

They're going on about their mountains of data on twitter atm, but I think people would rather have the opportunity to live their understanding of driver ability. 

For example, what would the polish contingent think of this, if Kubica was rated at 70. It might be realistic, but his fans will hate that being dictated to them. (Aware that he probably isn't in the game, just going for an easy example) 

1 hour ago, SingaporeTrackLizard said:

I was hoping for pre career editing of drivers.  Training is fine will be intresting to see the game evolve overtime as drivers get better/worse I wonder if codies have also put like potential ratings in to stop every driver having the ability to 99 in every catagory.  If not they really should no one should be able to reach the levels of the legend Mahaveer Raghunathan

• Agree 1

This sounds absolutely horrible imo. If the actual user gameplay performance is messed with by nerfing pace or randomly throwing your car out of control because of low awareness than I wont even play my team. 

• Disagree 3

Posted (edited)

This is great to see. I do hope we can edit them manually in game though. I imagine there'll be some scores we disagree with.

Regardless, this is a step in the right direction.

Edited by Liaveil
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)

What you guys don't realize is that codies probably always had these variables to affect performance in Career Mode and they are making it public this year for the driver market in MyTeam and Career. This just means we'll have an actual number to compare drivers instead of looking at the championship or individual race pace. 

Especially after 4 or 5 years in previous career modes, we would have a Lance Stroll at the top and a Lewis at the bottom without any indication. I would liken this FIFA's downgrading of rating in their career mode due to age and poor performances. Now there are variables which show us this change in performance.  

Edited by sid2511

5 hours ago, Bhawk67 said:

This sounds absolutely horrible imo. If the actual user gameplay performance is messed with by nerfing pace or randomly throwing your car out of control because of low awareness than I wont even play my team. 

These are just the AI stats for drivers you can hire, it won't affect your own driving.

I am looking forward to seeing the F2 ratings in comparison. I wonder if something a bit more vague would have worked better. Say a drivers score falls within a range you get “an inexperienced driver, never lacking for pace on a clear rack but rarely gets passed drivers in cars with similar performance but tends to finish races consistently” versus “an experienced veteran who sometimes fails to get full potential from the car. Is able to find ways past opponents but is prone to mistakes under pressure” Then there is a little ambiguity as to which driver may be better or worse even if they have the same description. 

It was always a peeve I had with Madden that I could see the actual numbers rather than a scouting report  

Still a great idea for My Team, assuming everyone is not a 99 after year 4  

18 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Well....this is going to spark a debate or two!!!

Driver Ratings for F1® 2020 are now here, with some on the link below. The drivers, including those in the F2 category, are scored from 1-99 across four categories – Experience, Racecraft, Awareness and Pace – with those scores based on real-world data.

Hi Barry, regarding bolded part, do you happen to know if it is only previous season (what I expect) or whole driver career (now, that will spark debate:classic_biggrin:)?

That awareness of Bottas! 99 higher than Hamilton. Russell and Ocon have slower pace than Stroll? Is this real? I believe Ricciardo’s racecraft should be even or closer to Verstappen. It feels a bit too low for Ricciardo based on the definition of the stat...

What’s the logic of giving Bottas 99 awareness? I simply don’t understand if it’s based on the definition of the stat. 

2 minutes ago, Krisperfectline said:

That awareness of Bottas! 99 higher than Hamilton. Russell and Ocon have slower pace than Stroll? Is this real? I believe Ricciardo’s racecraft should be even or closer to Verstappen. It feels a bit too low for Ricciardo based on the definition of the stat...

What’s the logic of giving Bottas 99 awareness? I simply don’t understand if it’s based on the definition of the stat. 

It could mean multiple things, I think a high awareness stat might also include he's extra cautious and more likely to move 'out of the way' in battles to avoid incidents rather than taking risk, which does suit Bottas to be fair.

• Agree 1

equal pace for hamilton and verstappen?  🤪 🤪 😂

1 minute ago, karnak00 said:

It’s the driver and not driver plus car I assume. I think they are really close when in the same car.

• Agree 3

So can someone tell me why there is no Xbox 1 disc (Only for PS4) for this game this year in the US only digital copy????

1 hour ago, karnak00 said:

I'd say that's about right, honestly. The main difference between them is that Lewis is a more complete driver which is reflected in the stats.

Glad to see they're finally buffing Ricciardo to better reflect him.

I think right now the only stats I'd question are Russell's. Think they've done him dirty there and he should be at minimum at the same level as Albon or Ocon.

I'm now interested to see if they've finally buffed Sainz too and the Ferrari scores will no doubt stir debate!

• Agree 2

Albon, Russell and Norris should all be the same really in my opinion. If they were all in the same car there’d be nothing between them.

Posted (edited)

More complete? You mean he has the best car for years? Even Bottas was second in the standings en Rosberg beat him. That is how good that car is. 

Edited by RPJ1984

1 minute ago, RPJ1984 said:

More complete? You mean he has the best car for years? Even Bottas was second in the standings en Rosberg beat him. That is how good that car is. 

More complete as in: more experience and better awareness as it can be seen in stats. On pure pace they are practically the same. This is coming from Ferrari supporter, who considers McLaren Hamilton faster than this one in gray car.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, XanderSJX said:

More complete as in: more experience and better awareness as it can be seen in stats. On pure pace they are practically the same. This is coming from Ferrari supporter, who considers McLaren Hamilton faster than this one in gray car.

Yeh my bad, was reading it wrong. My English is not the best 😄