Jump to content Jump to content

F1® 2020 | Driver Ratings Announced Part One


Recommended Posts

If these driver statistics are the same system that has been implemented in the game previously but been hidden, it somewhat explains the "train effect in races." They are far too simplistic and "pace" is the most dominant stat.

To my mind there should be more stats for example, quali pace, race pace, dry pace, wet pace, street circuit pace, braking, overtaking, defence, errors, aggression, technical skill, car control, spare capacity (the ability to drive around problems), team player/line wolf...

Codemasters f1 games are too simplistic to accurately represent the high tech, high skill, high stakes world of f1.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ChasteWand said:

If these driver statistics are the same system that has been implemented in the game previously but been hidden, it somewhat explains the "train effect in races." They are far too simplistic and "pace" is the most dominant stat.

To my mind there should be more stats for example, quali pace, race pace, dry pace, wet pace, street circuit pace, braking, overtaking, defence, errors, aggression, technical skill, car control, spare capacity (the ability to drive around problems), team player/line wolf...

Codemasters f1 games are too simplistic to accurately represent the high tech, high skill, high stakes world of f1.

I don't think the stats are as detailed as you are saying, but they are definitely more complex than the 4 stats that are mentioned. This was said by Paul Jeal and Lee Mather, added by the fact that the averages of those numbers dont correspond with the overall rating.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mouldy32 said:

Leclerc Vs Vettle purely down to experience. Leclerc is the better driver (their other stats reflect that) but has less experience thus lower overall.

Kimi's rating is grossly beefed up by the experience. Danny Ric is the same and whipes the floor with him in every category except exp

Leclerc vs Vettel it's right due to the experience like you said but Vettel vs Bottas not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tigergrow said:

I don't think the stats are as detailed as you are saying, but they are definitely more complex than the 4 stats that are mentioned. This was said by Paul Jeal and Lee Mather, added by the fact that the averages of those numbers dont correspond with the overall rating.

Can you not read?

I said the stats should be far more complex than they are in the screenshots, and added some suggestions as to what the could be.

Please reference your claims for the words of Jeal and Mather.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ChasteWand said:

Can you not read?

I said the stats should be far more complex than they are in the screenshots, and added some suggestions as to what the could be.

Please reference your claims for the words of Jeal and Mather.

😂Someone get out the wrong side of bed?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess, which gets very close to the over all score for the drivers, is that pace is worth around 50%, race craft and awareness both around 20%, and experience worth around 10%. In most cases if you round down you get the over all score, in a few you need to round up, so the weights are not exactly right but seem close.

 

It gets me to within a point of every driver except Stroll who seems to be 1 point lower than the formula.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Oli Prenten said:

Will those ratings be available for everybody or only for the real drivers?

Do you mean to ask if you (the player) will also get a rating? If so, I think that was just confirmed in the trailer, under the contract screen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

😂Someone get out the wrong side of bed?

On the contrary dear sir/madam, I asked a simple question, can TigerGrow read? If I'd got out of bed on the wrong side as you claim, I would have posted something far more cutting. I would consider your comment inflammatory and could be perceived as trolling, if you want to go down that road that is... Or did I get out of bed on the wrong side two days in a row? 😁

On 6/14/2020 at 10:04 AM, ChasteWand said:

If these driver statistics are the same system that has been implemented in the game previously but been hidden, it somewhat explains the "train effect in races." They are far too simplistic and "pace" is the most dominant stat.

To my mind there should be more stats for example, quali pace, race pace, dry pace, wet pace, street circuit pace, braking, overtaking, defence, errors, aggression, technical skill, car control, spare capacity (the ability to drive around problems), team player/line wolf...

Codemasters f1 games are too simplistic to accurately represent the high tech, high skill, high stakes world of f1.

Is the bold section above so hard to read and understand?

On 6/14/2020 at 10:35 AM, Tigergrow said:

I don't think the stats are as detailed as you are saying, but they are definitely more complex than the 4 stats that are mentioned. This was said by Paul Jeal and Lee Mather, added by the fact that the averages of those numbers dont correspond with the overall rating.

Please reference your claims. Just because you claim something Mather and Jeal say does not mean they actually said it...

Edited by ChasteWand
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ChasteWand said:

On the contrary dear sir/madam, I asked a simple question, can TigerGrow read? If I'd got out of bed on the wrong side as you claim, I would have posted something far more cutting.

Is the bold section above so hard to read and understand?

Please reference your claims. Just because you claim something Mather and Jeal say does not mean they actually said it...

I just said there are more stats, just not present on the cards and not for us to see.

Or are you saying there are more stats? Then I misinterpreted it.

And they stated those things in twitter responses to questions. Also the advertising on the official Formula 1 and F1 game twitter: "more complex maths".

 

Edited by Tigergrow
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tigergrow said:

I just said there are more stats, just not present on the cards and not for us to see.

And they stated those things in twitter responses to questions. Also the advertising on the official Formula 1 and F1 game twitter: "more complex maths".

Again, empty words. Reference, ie link your proof.

Edited by ChasteWand
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ChasteWand said:

^ Thanks. 👍

Finally someone who understands a reference. Although it looks bad for TigerGrow and his claims.

It tells you more goes into making this than just 4 stats, doesn't it? That was your point after all.

But okay, I think I just worded my first reply poorly: just don't expect Fifa-like detail on the stats.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tigergrow said:

 

Happy now?

 

4 minutes ago, Tigergrow said:

It tells you more goes into making this than just 4 stats, doesn't it? That was your point after all.

But okay, I think I just worded my first reply poorly: just don't expect Fifa-like detail on the stats.

Thanks.

Unfortunately though nothing concrete on "more stats." More smoke and mirror advertising hyperbole that's says just about nothing. I'm not going to hold my breath on "unveil more insights into the calculations" or "updates during the season." I have been disappointed by codemasters fine words too many times to be optimistic! So needless to say I expect nothing, however on a more positive note, codemasters seem to have responded to the criticism of the handling model.

And thanks for the admission, fair play. ✌️

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, at least we know that there is real engineering level complexity behind it. Because you can't use simple calculation to put Stroll's pace above Norris' and overall Bottas above Seb/Leclerc and on level with Max. :classic_biggrin:

I guess that's the part: "We tried to separate car and driver".

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

I dont think he seems very happy full stop 😂

Just to clarify for you, happy with TigerGrow and his replies. Not that anyone asked for your opinion. 😁

Dissatisfied would be a more accurate description of my feelings towards codemasters f1 games. However I vote with my wallet, I only buy second hand copies of their games.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...