Sign in to follow this  

Renault power unit wears quickly

Posted (edited)

I've started a McLaren career and noticed that my power unit has worn quite a lot after the first round. The ICE is at 22% and most of the other parts are at about 15%. I used standard fuel mix and low or medium ERS in all sessions except qualifying. The ERS drains too quickly as well.

I started a previous career with Alfa Romeo and the wear was nowhere near as bad. I assume the Renault power unit is just a lot worse than the Ferrari one.

Will upgrades fix my problems?

Edited by WestHam66

Hi @WestHam66,

In season 1 of your career, any F1 engine wears out very quickly.

As you upgrade reliability, you'll see less wear on your engine.

Your ERS drainquickly because you have to upgrade it in the engine department. 

The more upgrade, better reliability/ ERS. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/11/2020 at 4:31 PM, WestHam66 said:

I've started a McLaren career and noticed that my power unit has worn quite a lot after the first round. The ICE is at 22% and most of the other parts are at about 15%. I used standard fuel mix and low or medium ERS in all sessions except qualifying. The ERS drains too quickly as well.

I started a previous career with Alfa Romeo and the wear was nowhere near as bad. I assume the Renault power unit is just a lot worse than the Ferrari one.

Will upgrades fix my problems?

I noticed this in my last career going from Alfa->Renault. The Ferrari engine was much slower to wear. I think the game has inherent differences no matter what upgrades you apply that stem from the 2019 real life performances.