Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

GHub Update broke my G29. I fixed it.

Posted (edited)

Hey all.  I logged in tonight to find that my wheel was wonky, from playing iRacing.  It was set to 900 degrees instead of my usual 380.  There is no calibration in GHub (that I've ever found anyway) so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling.  It ended up on a newer version which no longer recognizes my G29 at all.  ie: it doesn't even detect it.  And with that version installed, Windows can't make it work either.

I tried using the LGS software (not GHub) and it did work, but there was no FFB.  So I used Geek again and removed LGS, rebooted, checked to be sure Windows could still see the wheel - it could.

Then I reinstalled GHub and rebooted again.  Again, verified that Windows was still seeing the wheel.

When I ran the game again, I had FFB again.  Not even sure this WAS a bug, so much as maybe my computer couldn't agree on what to run.  The complete uninstall of LGS and a clean install of GHub seemed to solve it.

Edited by DrDraken
Update on effect of latest LGS

I think the problem lies in that LGS uses a different named FFB dll to GHub.

Know that LGS is stopped there will be no more updates.

GHub is the only way forward but you should contact Logitech with your concerns.

Everyone makes this a Codemasters problem when quite clearly there are other factors at play.

However, as well as having a supported controller list, the PC list should be qualified by saying what software had been used during game development.

Then half of the controller related issues should disappear overnight.

The other elephant in the room is USB 3 and hubs.

I have a dongle based USB keyboard combo in a hub off my monitor. The combo does not appear in the dxdiag but the hub does and probing / detection stops there.

USB 3 works differently to USB 2 at a hardware / electronics level. It claims compatibility. That’s a best case.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Everyone makes this a Codemasters problem when quite clearly there are other factors at play.

Sorry if it came across that way.  I certainly don't think this is a Codemasters problem.  The wheel was working fine in the morning, then not after the update.  I just wanted to post my "solution" in case anyone else came looking.  Unfortunately, it's working, but no FFB.  I'll definitely be contacting Logitech about it and logging a bug report with them.  Hopefully I can find a solution soon.

@DrDraken I was meaning the global everyone, not all of the individuals who have the issues.

I’d love to be funded enough to try to replicate any of the issues people are having especially lately with these Logitech wheels.

For my sins I’m rewarding myself with more Fanatec although in some quarters you’d think it’s no reward 😃

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

I’d love to be funded enough to try to replicate any of the issues people are having especially lately with these Logitech wheels.

When and if I ever get a Fanatec setup, I'll chuck you my G29 for cheap.  Like, shipping cheap. 

• Like 1