Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Noob Wheel pls help

Hey so I have recently purchased my first wheel (thrustmaster t150) and right from the word go i have had problems getting the car through the first corner of any track. I have fiddled with to rotation setting (currently 360) but not changed much in the actual game settings. the wheel feels like i have to turn it to lock and back and either I am too much of a noob to do this (quite possible), or i haven't got something quite right. It is really frustrating that i felt i could race better on the keyboard lol.

Have you installed the latest driver and firmware updates?

The wheel inputs for F1 are quite harsh on a round rim. Smaller F1 style rims are much more appropriate. But you might be able to compensate by lowering the DOR to 330, 300 or even 270 to get the feel you are looking for. But at any rotation under or over 360 the wheel animations will not match your input.

You can turn the wheel animation off if it helps.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, racingkiwi787 said:

Hey so I have recently purchased my first wheel (thrustmaster t150) and right from the word go i have had problems getting the car through the first corner of any track. I have fiddled with to rotation setting (currently 360) but not changed much in the actual game settings. the wheel feels like i have to turn it to lock and back and either I am too much of a noob to do this (quite possible), or i haven't got something quite right. It is really frustrating that i felt i could race better on the keyboard lol.

When I got my wheel, (G29) I went to YouTube and searched settings for F1 2019. There were a number of videos. I chose the one I thought was best based on amount of views. I suggest you do the same thing and copy a setup of one of these people and you will most likely see a huge improvement.

Edited by Mike5500