Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Tiny brake input problem (HELP!)

Hi there, recently I have noticed a problem op up where there is a tiny brake input on my speedo in game (picture). 

Looking at my calibration screen, I have a deadzone for my brake of 8 because my brake pedal does sometimes glitch a little bit (G29).

With this deadzone, in the calibration screen there is 0 brake being detected. But then when I go back in game there is this content tiny brake.

This is making no sense to me, in other game I have no such issues. This only started happening as of today.

Does anyone know why this might be happening?

Untitled-1.jpg

There was a recent Steam update that said it would adjust some things with regard to deadzones on controllers. But I think you should be able to figure this out on your Logitech software.

If the brake is registering without input, then the potentiometer is dirty. The best solution is to open the pedals and remove the dirt or dust. 

Don't remove the grease unless you need to, but regrease if you do. 

When you have done this there will be no need for deadzones unless you have a preference for one.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

There was a recent Steam update that said it would adjust some things with regard to deadzones on controllers. But I think you should be able to figure this out on your Logitech software.

If the brake is registering without input, then the potentiometer is dirty. The best solution is to open the pedals and remove the dirt or dust. 

Don't remove the grease unless you need to, but regrease if you do. 

When you have done this there will be no need for deadzones unless you have a preference for one.

But I have tested on other games like acc on steam which is not detecting any brake as usual.

It is only in f1. Plus I can change the pedal to others and it remains the same issue.

Edited by shriveee

Ok delete all your custom controller profiles in-game and exit. Verify your Steam game files. Delete the hardware_settings_config.xml and relaunch F1 2019.