Sign in to follow this  

Real 2020 calendar

I know that a lot about 2020 season is still unclear and venues in limbo. I was wondering however if there will be a feature to create the real calendar in F1 2020. 

meaning that you can drive twice in Austria and silverstone e.g. and that the GP’s have the real name. So Austrian GP and GP of Steiermark?

i think it would be cool because it would be the first time ever we could actually drive the whole season in real time. Every race on the same day like the real drivers. 

• Like 1

A bigger question is what happens if F1 adds extra tracks, like Imola, Mugello, Hockenheim or Portimao... 2020 real life season as DLC perhaps? Making new tracks won't be cheap 😕

• Like 2

Yeah I agree. That could be a real problem. Licensing issues and time. So probably the answer is no. We get what was the original plan and we can at least decide on which tracks we want to race in 2020.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

A bigger question is what happens if F1 adds extra tracks, like Imola, Mugello, Hockenheim or Portimao... 2020 real life season as DLC perhaps? Making new tracks won't be cheap 😕

Maybe Slightly mad studio could help they have Portimao and Imola, Project Cars series

• Like 1

Difficult to say what Codies would do. I think a lot of us would buy the new tracks though if they went down that route, would add a new challenge.

• Like 1

If they add them I'd expect it for free. I'm buying a fully licensed game that should represent the current season. I don't expect to have to pay more down the line due to changes.

That being said, if they don't add them due to the work (definitely most likely) I won't be angry. Designing however many new tracks for a one-off would take such a long time when they would usually use that time to develop next years game.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Already was said in the Lee Mather interview that they won't be adding anymore tracks as it takes too long to make them, it took them over a year of development time to make Zandvoort and Hanoi

Edited by TomAAA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In all previous games you could make your own custom championship in Grand Prix mode. So I’m guessing you can do the same in 2020.

I heard it takes a man year to do a track. At best Hockenheim might be possible since it was in the 2019 game, but I doubt it. 

• Agree 1